Apex Legends - Season 2 :)

Author Topic: Apex Legends - Season 2 :)  (Read 15843 times)

Not to be rude, but could someone explain what makes this game so different from other battle royals games?

Not to be rude, but could someone explain what makes this game so different from other battle royals games?
there's quite a few things

• for starters instead of generic characters who don't have any actual differences besides their loot, there's currently 8 different characters each with a unique passive ability, normal cooldown ability, and an ultimate ability that charges up like in something like overwatch. they each have their own roles but unlike overwatch they're not really too strict
  • speaking of the characters, they all have distinct personalities and regularly say important things, like when they ping something or information about the ring. both they and the announcer keep it nice and lively and help it feel more like an actual game
  • there are only squads of three at the moment, no idea if this will change, but it seems like a good number for this game
  • everyone jumps together and follows someone assigned the jumpmaster (but this can be relinquished) (and you can still break free if you want to)
  • there's this pinging system that helps randoms communicate much easier without having to use a mic, but it's also still very useful for people with mics
  • the looting and inventory system is streamlined so for the most part you don't have to go fumbling in your backpack every time you need to use or equip something
  • there are knockdown shields that you can loot, they can help save you from getting killed afterwards immediately after going down but aren't foolproof
  • there's execution animations that you can do on someone who is downed
  • even if you do die, don't lose hope just yet because a teammate can pick up your banner if they get to it in time and respawn you at a respawn beacon
  • you can slide down hills which is great for momentum, this isn't a very slow game
  • the time to kill is decently low so your not all that likely to die super quick
  • even the basic healing items don't have a cap to how far you can heal with them, this is counteracted by the better healing items taking a shorter time to heal the same amount but still take longer for a single use
  • you can block doors, but they can be kicked down
  • the game is actually pretty polished and it really feels like a whole lotta thought went into it

that's about all off the top of my head but there u go
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 01:19:28 AM by gr8dayseth »

controller vs. mouse and keyboard has been solved. mr bones and i were never talking about the same thing. I talked about objectively better, he talked about it being good for casual use. no wonder we couldn't come to an agreement, both sides are right.

let this be definitive proof that i would not argue against casual controller use:

Oh lord, it's Donnie? I didn't know that, no wonder.
toothed deer commits forum Self Delete and comes back 5 minutes later part 5: hootaloo in space
Lmao imagine being this pious
Can you just get over yourself? Some people like controllers, some people like using a mouse and keyboard. Why do you care so much?
arguing on the blockland forum,
what is okay?
  • being continuously mockingly sarcastic
  • posting condescendingly and passive aggressively
  • blaming 'people never change' after 3 posts of conversation
  • denying even coming to conclusion in PM
what isn't okay?
  • swearing with 'friend', 'dipstuff' or 'edgelord'
despite my argument not being the same as mr bones, we were both right. objectively, kb+m is better, because at the time i thought he was arguing against this, i called him a friend, a dipstuff, or a handicap, which seemed appropriate as we are on the blockland forum where we have a political thread with more swearing than politics.
mr bones and i were equally vulgar and picking me out like this is a dogstuff move from the quoted users, especially when i was the one going out my way to go to PM when i realized we were both not talking about the same thing.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 01:23:47 AM by sleep »

controller vs. mouse and keyboard has been solved. mr bones and i were never talking about the same thing. I talked about objectively better, he talked about it being good for casual use. no wonder we couldn't come to an agreement, both sides are right.

let this be definitive proof that i would not argue against casual controller use:

despite my argument not being the same as mr bones, we were both right. objectively, kb+m is better, because at the time i thought he was arguing against this, i called him a friend, a dipstuff, or a handicap, which seemed appropriate as we are on the blockland forum where we have a political thread with more swearing than politics.
mr bones and i were equally vulgar and picking me out like this is a dogstuff move from the quoted users, especially when i was the one going out my way to go to PM when i realized we were both not talking about the same thing.

edit: nvm he blocked me

good conclusion

*whistling*
https://www.pcgamer.com/mouse-and-keyboard-players-are-destroying-controller-users-in-overwatch-on-console/
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759250444
https://www.pcworld.com/article/246176/can_a_gamepad_beat_a_keyboard_and_mouse_.html
https://www.esportstalk.com/blog/keyboard-and-mouse-vs-controller-1996/
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-reason-for-the-rise-of-keyboard-and-mouse-users-in-Rainbow-Six-Seige-on-PS4-Don-t-they-know-it-technically-counts-as-cheating
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3zdxz2/keyboard_vs_controller/ <- actually has mr bones in the comments
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:43:18 AM by sleep »

You're pretty much forcing me to reply by spreading misinformation and saying some random Reddit user is me, when it isn't.

Yeah I blocked you cause I don't feel like talking to your ass and you came and reached out to me on Discord about this when I didn't ask you to. Can you please take a hint?

I don't feel like talking to your ass and you came and reached out to me on Discord about this when I didn't ask you to.
like i'm going to ask permission to speak to you. especially when i approached you to settle the argument when it became clear to me it was a miscommunication

You're pretty much forcing me to reply by spreading misinformation and saying some random Reddit user is me, when it isn't.
wow its not you??? ooooooooooo
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:17:56 AM by sleep »

Arguing online is cool cause it’s like throwing eggs at a brick wall expecting it to turn into an omelette. We’re all desperately hungry.

I really didn’t want to have to perpetuate any of this garbage but you decided to @ me with this stuff on a server after blocking me.

is that the trannie blockland community discord

cast discord transmissions into volcanoes

like i'm going to ask permission to speak to you. especially when i approached you to settle the argument when it became clear to me it was a miscommunication
wow its not you??? ooooooooooo
Well yeah, I don't recall ever saying or implying to come seek me out on Discord. You're a boil on my ass Donnie, and you're being a boil on others' too clearly.