NightHawk's Development Log - American Speedsters Released!

Poll

Should the Drifting Supra's be Right-Hand-Drive? (Steering wheel on PASSENGER side of car)

Yay! European Integration
Nay! Keep it all to one side.

Author Topic: NightHawk's Development Log - American Speedsters Released!  (Read 33979 times)

NightHawk’s Development Topic

Hey…it has been a year since I have not posted, and I think it is safe to say that I am coming out of “retirement”.

My Mission/Goals
Being the new year, and since many things have changed, I would love to come clean and start afresh. I might be a little rusty first getting back to the swing of understanding Blockland’s mechanics, but my modeling skills have improved in the past since, and I believe I can do better. Starting fresh clears up many things for my projects, and should provide you with a new experience. You can still download the older versions of the cars below, but when I am ready to release, they will be updated accordingly.

Speaking of which, when it comes to progress content, I will be working at my own pace. Please understand that I will not be dedicating full-time to working on these cars given that I have a life outside of content-making. If I have any progress to show, I will post accordingly in this forum. I am open to communal feedback and suggestions for my projects, but may not take requests at this time [still feel free, but be prepared to have it exchanged for nothing].

Current Projects

Dalton Suburb MK2.5 - 1994 Chevrolet Suburban

Still in the works, hopefully will start implementing V1.0.0 features!

Thanks for stopping by. Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 10:32:24 AM by Night_Hawk »

Released Content

Before you download ANY of these addons, make sure you have the following required addons. Without them, they will NOT work in game properly.

Blockland Glass: Download
Blockland Glass is a mod managing system which helps you keep my Addons up to date.

Custom Vehicle Support: Download
Developed by Filipe1020, this mod lets you customize my vehicles while you aim at them and type "/garage". Without this, the cars will look like a generic clustertruck.

Optional, But Recommended: Support_EngineSounds: Download
Newly in 2021, developed by Buddy, this addon lets clients emulate engine sounds on some of my releases depending on the current speed. This includes gear-shifting making it more realistic! It's not required, but you will not hear engine sounds without it!

Vehicles
Abraham Marabelle
*NEW* American Speedster Pedal Cars
Avalar Griffin
Nakata Aseed
Challenger
Dalton Suburb
Dalton Avenger
Drift Trike
Lil Rascal Minibike
Manco American Express
Nakajima Vortex
Opus Voltage
Polus Estate
Raptor
Rivera Genesis
Hachi Reaper
Robin
Shinozaki Fairhaven
Shinozaki Hiro
Vitesse Ettor
Willis Buccaneer

Weaponary
Lasertag Weapon Arsenal
POW Glove

Misc Items
MLG Airhorn Prop
Pepega Chat Sounds
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 10:33:01 AM by Night_Hawk »

Welcome back man! Glad to see you're back in the game.

Okay, let's get this ball rolling. I've been working on this model all day afternoon yesterday and this morning--trying to recall how I used to do things.
Two things in mind, I want to follow the modeling method of "KISSTAC" (Keep It Simple Stupid Then Add Complexity). Also, I'm trying to have as less curvature as possible.

Subaru Impreza 2020(View in 3D

After taking a trip down memory lane, too, I'm only planning to tweak these two as needed. I want to re-structure how the brakes work so they can work with the turn signals via node manipulation (Like the Avenger and Suburbs)

Finally, recall my 99 F-150 for the family cars pack.

Bad ass model but when could I drive it

Bad ass model but when could I drive it
Hopefully soon, my friend.

I made some adjustments, and after starting to get the swing of things...I'm quite pleased:

Note the undercarraige detail, also interior with elements inspired by the 2020 Hydric by Filipe

All elements of light work courtesy of Teneksi's scripts

*CVS Parts to be added prior to initial release*

CVS Parts Integrated! Starting with the "default" parts, showcasing that you can indeed, color your trunks.

Moving forth with the STI parts, and the "Whale" spoiler

I also added some gauge cluster

There's no way to showcase these in their own trim, but a "Race" skirt was added, and the rally spoiler in the back.

Additional spoilers: [Left to Right] None, Race, Slim

You can also add splitters that are colorable and separate from the front bumper

If you think this mod could not have gotten more sillier, why not have some modular exhaust parts. (Factory, Dual Factory, Cherry Single, Cherry Double). The blue in the Cherry bombs are coloarble:

If you think additionally it could not get any better, oh boy you'd be wrong. A Widebody variant has been introduced!

STI Parts by default, but you can also incorporate these aftermarket "Hawkeye" parts. Only Cherrybomb exhausts (Single and Dual) on this variant.

I think they're just about ready to go! Who wants them?

Each variant has Decals: Rally, Pinstripe, and Fury, and the Widebody exclusively has the option to equip a Motorsport roll-cage! All new parts mentioned are colorable.

Also designed a badge and engraved the name of the car on the rear. What do you think?

I just need to develop some CVS icons for them and I'm ready for release if you guys are!

CVS Icons created! Releasing very soon!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:13:44 AM by Night_Hawk »

I can already hear the backfires just looking at this car

Lasertag [again] anyone? I have whipped up some quick-and-easy models below. Click the banners to view their models.

Each weapon has 5 colors for 5 teams: White, Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow (as demonstrated above). Pieces of the weapon glow in the dark.
What's wonderful about this too, is that they all use the same shape file, and can be colorshifted to make more colors as desired.

I can release these very soon, too.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:02:29 PM by Night_Hawk »

Sorry for the crickets, I have started working full-time 4 days/40 hours a week. I'm going to plan on releasing the Lasertag Weaponary hopefully tomorrow, though!

Lasertag Aresenal released!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:22:18 AM by Night_Hawk »

Sorry for the presence of tumbleweeds, but during my spare time, I have been working on this Honda Accord! A very simple, cubic, and "cute" 1985 iteration. In game it's currently called "Accord '85", and is also front-wheel drive.

I'm thinking of putting it with Filipe's Nakata branch, and I am open to name suggestions (contemplating calling it the Hydric Classic).

Functioning lights included; the front blinkers act like running lights only.

1985 Honda Accord(View in 3D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 10:57:41 AM by Night_Hawk »