Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235055 times)

Since when do pipes stretch that far? Maybe if you stop reading CNN so much you'd realize that pipes are split into several segments.

Quality responspe.
retweeting this post

Since when do pipes stretch that far? Maybe if you stop reading CNN so much you'd realize that pipes are split into several segments.

Quality responspe.
Don't let your pipedreams be dreams.

retweeting this post
maybe if master matthew wasn't religiously banned from twitter he'd be able to dismiss it too

i'm convinced that matthew is a regular karl marx and is just some white kid living off of his parent's money in a mansion or something, and thus has no real world experience and has developed completely insane unproven ones to compensate for it

holy stuff i just got a diaper commercial on youtube i think it's time for me to stop googling "baby with diaper" to post images here

master matthew claims another victim in his rampage of society

yeah my mom got the covid and she survived just fine, but the battle and all the secondary infections like pneumonia left her with permanent lung scarring. took her at least a month or two to feel up to doing anything. this is not something where you either die or walk away just the same as before. throw around personal freedom or whatever all you want, but don't pretend the virus isn't a problem in the first place
I'm glad you shared that because my dad had it too. the emotional turmoil of being locked in a basement for a month, having someone (me) go rampantly do their shopping in finding a heater because of the intense chills you'd get was super detrimental to his mental health. it might sound small, but being confined in a basement and a dialysis room where you wouldn't even know if you'd see the person next to you was what made it so brutal. having nobody want to get within a mile of you, constantly testing and having that result come back positive. he contracted it in the hospital being treated for kidney failure. he's a dialysis patient and had to go to a special unit that took care of COVID patients. it was a horrific scene for him in seeing some people lose their blood oxygen levels throughout treatment, rushing to care for them. it's something i wouldn't wish on anyone, and our president saying to not fear this virus is disgraceful.

for the record he was positive from may up until late june iirc, less was known in terms of treatment and he's lucky he was mostly okay. and for the record i don't remember the full scope of what happened but that's what i recall most vividly, i was more worried for him and less paying attention of the details

just because it's not ebola doesn't mean you shouldn't take it seriously. matthew saying "oh if we all got it 99. whatever would survive" is bull because the only reason it's this way is by hospital capacity and known treatments. if we all got it, it'd be a travesty to the world with flooding of hospitals, probably killing tens of millions more. if my dad wasn't hospitalized for heart and kidney failure, he would have died with the lack of hospital treatment and monitoring. moral of what i'm saying is, even there's more turmoil than just having the virus

i'd go into more detail but yeah, it was a hell of a May for me, hearing a parental figure in a hospital barely keep composure over a phone call, unknowing if you'll hear or see them ever again
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 10:45:08 PM by New Years »

This is one hell of a hottake. Property can be rebuilt. 9/11 was traumatic because it presented a level of vulnerability the American public hadn't felt before. Before 9/11 the proverbial bad guys were always "over there" and abstract in the minds of the U.S. people. 9/11 exploited vulnerabilities in domestic infrastructure to attack domestically, causing the eyes of the public to swivel from foreign battlefields to paranoia about its own soil and security, a massive change from the way such things had been addressed previously.
Covid is the same thing. These aren't "America" problems. Deadly diseases wiping out huge swaths of a population was, to the public, something that happened in poverty. It was a "China" issue, or an "Africa" issue. We were dissociated to the point that people have been pointing out or vulnerability to mass pandemics for years and there was no major update to our system of response.
yah yah that's what i was trying to say

You see, these Heaven Smiles... They're different

yah yah that's what i was trying to say
lmfao no it literally wasnt

Don't you have a television license to renew? ;)
i dont own a tv and besides my point still stands. you're american.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:10:33 AM by JumboMuffin »

i dont own a tv :( but thats hardly an insult your country is a third world stuffhole lol i can leave the house without getting attacked by some tent city homeless meth zombie or arrested so that the police can meet their arrest quotas
quoted for truth

I look for bigger thrills, so I infected myself with all kinds of deadly viruses. I overcame them, time after time, discovering vaccines and creating medicine along the way. I overcame all the symptoms. But then... COVID. Hoo! It's different. The risks involved are at another realm! I mean, it's flirting with loving death itself. I... I... I want you to kill me. If I catch COVID, you gotta kill me. I heard you're the only one who can kill them.

quoted for truth
America has it's problems, but it's very, VERY far from a third world country.

America has it's problems, but it's very, VERY far from a third world country.
You're not guaranteed a living wage even with full hours. A single grievous wound or medical issue can financially cripple you depending on your insurance status. Hundreds of thousands of people are straight-up homeless. You have rights on paper but they can and have been sidestepped or ignored by corporations or the government when convenient to some end. It's just a third world country with more bells and whistles my dude. Big top-of-the-world stuff exists, sure, but our access to it is so often systemically restricted it might as well not be there for the average person.

You're not guaranteed a living wage even with full hours. A single grievous wound or medical issue can financially cripple you depending on your insurance status. Hundreds of thousands of people are straight-up homeless. You have rights on paper but they can and have been sidestepped or ignored by corporations or the government when convenient to some end. It's just a third world country with more bells and whistles my dude. Big top-of-the-world stuff exists, sure, but our access to it is so often systemically restricted it might as well not be there for the average person.
are you loving handicapped? change your reddit password to a keyroll and log out, for the sake of your own mental health