U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235083 times)

If only people had taken George Washington's advice against forming political parties way back in the late 1700s... Still the only president and likely the only president to never have been affiliated with a political party.

If only people had taken George Washington's advice against forming political parties way back in the late 1700s... Still the only president and likely the only president to never have been affiliated with a political party.
agreed

George Washington for president 2024

George Washington for president 2024
we already have a zombie president.

The left and right are clapping as their own political views crash the economy from their perspectives.

To the right, its because of anti-mandate strikes people arent working.

To the left, its because of people demanding higher wages that people arent working.

The reality is its a bit of both and mostly a loop.

Some states have laws against vaccine mandates, yet job rates are still down.

Some stares have cut off the monthly federal checks, yet job rates are still down.

It's not fully because of either reason.  The obvious and likely situation is that we're in a feedback loop to the bottom. People get over worked, stressed and given more hours everytime someone quits. If Stagnant wages, Rising prices and talks of a required vaccination dont push people over the edge, then 70+ HR work weeks will do it. And everytime that causes someone to quit, it causes someone else to quit. And it's never ending.

But hurray, the economy is in flames because you think your ideology is winning. Not only are you wrong, but if this is your bar for achievement, I don't want to see failure.

Literal zombie president ftw

we already have a zombie president.
Bernie Sanders isn't the president

joe manchin is the biggest cuck in america

then who was phone?
Honestly, no idea. But Biden's lights are on, but nobody's home.

Except for the Thesaurus monster.

While the fears are real, the dangers are a different story. I'm assuming that you're a centrist Matthew. The republican party is objectively worse than the Democratic party. Many leftists have been disillusioned by the Dems and their status quo tendencies.
Neither party is worse, because the parties are an illusion. The left and right are barely represented by their respective parties. I've heard right populist and leftist opinions and there are three main agreements:

The Rich have too much power/money
They might have different names for it, but they hate fascismo (slightly different than facism.)
My party isn't listening

I know number two is gonna require some explanation. I'm describing it as Fascismo because its authoritarianism through goverment interaction and acquisition of businesses. Some also call this corporatism.

But the left and right call this capitalism and communism respectively. The reality is it's neither. This is closer to italian fascism. Hence the Italian word for Fascism, Fascismo.

And this is the main issue. The leftists and populist right have the same enemy. But the parties get them arguing over terminology and technicalities instead of defeating the common enemy. If they started campaigning against incumbents in a bipartisan manner we could get back to having the actual disagreements I've heard from leftists and the populist right.

The parties are distracting the people with word games and bullstuff while people suffer.

To many this sounds like I'm sucking off the Dems, but voting for the lesser of two evils is necessary for a leftist if they actually hope to change things. Giving any extra power to republicans is only going to damage the chances of changing the system. While corporate democrats aren't good either, they are much more easy to fight against than the mental borderline fascist republicans.

Corporate Democrats and Fascist Republicans are the same thing. They've just hooked you. Lesser of two evils voting is a trap.

If the democrats gain supermajority, then the only steps left are to gain enough power within the party and then change the election system to make it more amicable to 3rd parties.

Why would they do that?  If either party gets a super majority the first thing they'll do is solidify their position in government.

I feel like you're describing both parties as static and malleable at the same time. Do you think that progressive democrats are part of this status quo? My argument is that corporate interest has a chokehold on corporate dems and "fascist" republicans, but also that the republicans have no portion of their party that is actually interested in addressing the 3 points you made. They are hyperfixated on culture war and worshipping Annoying Orange.

It is the same reason why I believe that any hope of change lies in the progressive left within the democratic party, seeing as they have already managed to push the whole party left and bring up important issues and solutions (medicare for all, green new deal).

Voting the lesser of two evils, especially when you are a leftist, is very important. The main enemy of the left is fascism, and allowing any victory to the republican party is going to damage the left's chances of gaining political power in the future. In addition, the current first-past-the-post election system is rigged against 3rd parties. Voting 3rd party or not voting at all are ineffective methods of making change.

Democratic supermajority only means that the caucusses in the party become the new parties.

It is the same reason why I believe that any hope of change lies in the progressive left within the democratic party, seeing as they have already managed to push the whole party left and bring up important issues and solutions (medicare for all, green new deal).

Voting the lesser of two evils, especially when you are a leftist, is very important. The main enemy of the left is fascism, and allowing any victory to the republican party is going to damage the left's chances of gaining political power in the future. In addition, the current first-past-the-post election system is rigged against 3rd parties. Voting 3rd party or not voting at all are ineffective methods of making change.
the democuck has logged on

if "leftists" do as you say and always vote for the democratic party, why would the party listen to their demands?

the democratic party has legislative power right now and they won't even pass voting rights legislation, while red states gerrymander and restrict voting in response to the 2020 election, or pass any remotely popular legislation because they don't like to be in power. they dont want to hold both houses of congress and the white house. when they hold actual legislative power, the contradiction between the desires of their constituents and the desires of their donors can't be ignored. they love to lose and they love to eat stuff