Author Topic: how did you find out about blockland's existence  (Read 19803 times)

I mean, if you wanted to jump in and build it's better, but Roblox had and still does have a lot of stuff you can do on the fly in-game that works better, the brick swapping and stuff in roblox was always cool

it was revealed to me in a dream

my sister told me about it some time in 2013 or so

I remember finding out about it from youtube videos like the jeep stunts, some mini city tour with hey there delilah playing, and the oddly large number of 911 attack recreation videos. I used to play the demo for hours and hours, carefully trying to build cool things within the brick limit. Eventually my older brother agreed to buy it for me, and my first day online he actually sat with me while I joined my first server since I was just a kid then. We talked to some random guy on it about what there is to do and he was super nice and helpful, and welcomed me to the game. No idea who that was, but it gave a really good first impression for the community. Good times.

stumbled across it in like 2010, got a key in early-mid 2011. ..man, i really miss those days.  :panda:

saw an ad for it on youtube in like, 2009. I think it looked like this, but it had the "That game where you build stuff" slogan on it. Asked my dad to download it and played around on the demo for about a year with my sister before getting the full game.

I remember posting a story of how I found Blockland before but why not re-share it:
Back in 2009 I found a yahoo article about a list of fun sandbox games and I saw Blockland in that list and it looked really intriguing, I was a big fan of legos. So I downloaded the demo and man I had a fun time, I remember the very first map I ever went on was the kitchen and I loved how much you could explore in it.

A few weeks later of playing the demo, I decided to buy the game (well technically my family did for me lol). During my early years of Blockland, I only played it in LAN with just my siblings but we had an absolute blast creating our very own city. Funnily enough, I only started playing the game online a couple years later in 2011 which opened a whole new world to explore and the rest is history. Best $20 ever spent.

I found out about it back whenever Blockland was still actually advertising itself online.
When I was young, I was on the Roblox homepage when I saw a banner add for the game. I immediately checked the website out that it lead to in great interest. I was absolutely enamored by the Lego style look and fun creative gameplay. I asked my mother and father If they could purchase the game for me.

I begged for 3 days until they finally did LMAO

Once I had the game (which I was playing on my Mother's old windows XP E-machine) I was hooked. The people and cool mods that were on servers just blew my mind. I made so many good memories playing zombie survival servers, freebuilds, and some random RP's lol.

Thank you all for making all of that happen. It was a really cool and core part of my childhood :)

saw an ad for it on youtube in like, 2009. I think it looked like this, but it had the "That game where you build stuff" slogan on it. Asked my dad to download it and played around on the demo for about a year with my sister before getting the full game.

I saw that exact same ad on YouTube in that year as well

It was a really cool and core part of my childhood :)

I feel the same. Glad it some good came of all this.

I found out about it back whenever Blockland was still actually advertising itself online.
When I was young, I was on the Roblox homepage when I saw a banner add for the game. I immediately checked the website out that it lead to in great interest. I was absolutely enamored by the Lego style look and fun creative gameplay. I asked my mother and father If they could purchase the game for me.

I begged for 3 days until they finally did LMAO

Once I had the game (which I was playing on my Mother's old windows XP E-machine) I was hooked. The people and cool mods that were on servers just blew my mind. I made so many good memories playing zombie survival servers, freebuilds, and some random RP's lol.

Thank you all for making all of that happen. It was a really cool and core part of my childhood :)
I seen an ad for it on Roblox sometime in the late 2000s as well

I was instantly interested in it because i'm a sucker for sandboxes lol

BL is really unique and one of the few games of its kind.

There's a lot of building games but not a whole lot actually feel like Legos