Bushido passed away - Fundraiser for funeral service in OP!

Author Topic: Bushido passed away - Fundraiser for funeral service in OP!  (Read 28893 times)

Jesus christ. I remember shooting the stuff with him a lot on his server when he'd test new add-ons. This blows. Rest in Peace Bushido.

i wish someone would host a classic bushido-style deathmatch in his honor, with all his weapons from the old to the most recent.
god I want this so bad.

Bushido was an absolute legend in this community.

Rest in peace, Bushido

rest in peace big man

This is gut wrenching news.

Bushi was the very, very first reply on the original Block Wars thread:

I'm in! I could probably do the obnoxious Luke thing. My voice is so high it could pass for Astro Boy.

And I mean the 1980s Astro Boy.

I'll always remember talking to him whenever we were in servers together.

We were gonna review (or did, I don't remember) his game Circuit Breakers on the Brockrand Podcast.

I remember frequently posting stuff I was making in his game design megathread.

Bushi was a good loving dude, had no idea he was battling cancer, I don't know if he ever told us. God damn this hurts to know he's gone.

Such a huge talent.

RIP, friend. I hope we meet again, someday.

didn't expect that. was wide-eyed for a solid minute

his weapons were something that stuck in my mind and he made actual games. like he was gonna make it big

putting in my bi-annual forum post to pay my respects, honestly i'm still processing this. i can't really understate how much he actually influenced my life from making me not forget up my life going into a gamedev college from a young age, to a lot of my thoughts around game design and aesthetics being inspired by him. indirectly or not i owe him a lot. i hope he was surrounded by good friends and family in his last moments because i know the few years after knowing him on BL were not so nice to him. i'd hate to think he was suffering beforehand.

Joining his servers back in the day inspired me to want to start my modding journey. Rest in peace, Bushido.

Aside from the creative outputs that he posted in this forum and the game he was making, I didn't get to know him too well, but man, this sucks to hear. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.

Bushido did some really great things for this community, from the weapons and vehicles and mods, his amazingly detailed buildings that he hosted frequently, hell the Bushido Cars that he made were one of my favorite vehicle mods because he just got it. I swear if Badspot had hired him to model for this game and bring life into it, it could have done something, but of course Bushido had better plans than to stick around here.

I haven't had a chance to see him these past few years, haven't been on frequently, but back then he was almost an idol, you knew that if he was around, there was gonna be cool weapons to play with, discussion about the next update on his projects, he just always had an aroura not of roosteriness or anything, but of being confident in his work and giving us the opportunity to play with it. I say this because I was on the anti-bandwagon of the T+T weaponpack, partially because I was just so used to the old style weapons, thought that adding ammo and all the great things he did do would be silly.

Boy was I wrong, and it was probably because I just didn't like how fast it became popular and used, and for good reason. He made a damn near perfect weapon pack for a video game that didn't deserve it, yet he poured a lot of work into perfecting it, balancing it, adding multiple skins. He was ahead of his time that's for sure.

Rest in Peace Bushido, may your family take care and forever be happy with the time they had with you, as you will be greatly missed by many friends and family alike.

Man, this sucks. I never knew Bushido personally, but I remember seeing his name around, even before I registered here in 2012. I was such a big fan of T+T. The guns were fun and interesting, and the models fit the BL aesthetic while still maintaining their own. It's hard to describe. I pray that his friends and family are doing as well as they can right now.

Dang....I never knew 'em personally either, but I asked Bushido one time if it was okay to fix up and re-release their old JVS doors, to which they responded positively. As a young and relatively inexperienced modder for the game at the time it gave me a boost of confidence I needed to continue learning. Bushido was definitely a BL legend, sad to hear of their passing

Bushido did some really great things for this community, from the weapons and vehicles and mods, his amazingly detailed buildings that he hosted frequently, hell the Bushido Cars that he made were one of my favorite vehicle mods because he just got it. I swear if Badspot had hired him to model for this game and bring life into it, it could have done something, but of course Bushido had better plans than to stick around here.

I haven't had a chance to see him these past few years, haven't been on frequently, but back then he was almost an idol, you knew that if he was around, there was gonna be cool weapons to play with, discussion about the next update on his projects, he just always had an aroura not of roosteriness or anything, but of being confident in his work and giving us the opportunity to play with it. I say this because I was on the anti-bandwagon of the T+T weaponpack, partially because I was just so used to the old style weapons, thought that adding ammo and all the great things he did do would be silly.

Boy was I wrong, and it was probably because I just didn't like how fast it became popular and used, and for good reason. He made a damn near perfect weapon pack for a video game that didn't deserve it, yet he poured a lot of work into perfecting it, balancing it, adding multiple skins. He was ahead of his time that's for sure.

Rest in Peace Bushido, may your family take care and forever be happy with the time they had with you, as you will be greatly missed by many friends and family alike.

I had similar gripes and gave bushido stuff for his weapon packs, failed to see why anyone would use them over gravity cat's. Ignorance sucks, never knew the guy but I honestly feel bad for never reconciling with him.

Your packs were great and I even considered using your base for a halo mod that never came to fruition. RIP, hope you're clowning on me from wherever you are now.

Also it's good to see you Dill.