Author Topic: What do ppl think about Runescape?  (Read 7387 times)

Reactor, look at instant action, their browser graphics are impressive, wile runescapes is bottom of the line.

True, but look at the standard/maximum level of players per game and the scope of their games.

Runescape supports thousands of players, hundreds of thousands of items and creatures, and a variety of effects (however basic) all on one server.

I kinda like the plain style of graphics.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:19:38 AM by Antallion »

I havent heard much of Runescape on de forums...why not?  Its a good game!

IT SUCKS.

Reactor, look at instant action, their browser graphics are impressive, wile runescapes is bottom of the line.

True, but look at the standard/maximum level of players per game and the scope of their games.

Runescape supports thousands of players, hundreds of thousands of items and creatures, and a variety of effects (however basic) all on one server.
You may not notice this, but I played on Runescape when I had dial-up (back in the day...) and when going more then ten feet I often had to wait for more of the map to load, so don't think that the distance that the client "knows" about is anything large.

Run, escape! It's Runescape!

Only noobs think Runescape is fun.

A similar argument says, "The graphics are GREAT for a Java game."
Whenever someone says that, I point them to WURM Online, which is a Java game, and perhaps one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen.

If you judge Runescape based on graphics, then yes, it will likely lose in regards to other MMO's.

However, if you take Runescape for what it is (a free, easy to pickup, non-hardware-intensive MMO) then I think you will find your mind much less filled with hate.

"Best", "Worst" and the like are all words with no factual backing. I could say WoW is the worst game ever just because I feel like it, its not a fact.

I think its good that Runescape is so easy to pick up, mostly free and satisfies the basic needs of MMO players. Compared to similar titles, the amount of investment in terms of money, time and learning are much less.

Wile that is true, I have to say that it isn't mostly free.  They make it harder to do anything for non-members, and horde allot to member only.

Wile that is true, I have to say that it isn't mostly free.  They make it harder to do anything for non-members, and horde allot to member only.

Ya, but they give you a taste of the game. More so than 30 day trial of WoW or the like.

I managed to come up with 80+ reasons it's terrible.

You have to pay for the 2-d version, the good version. I don't like it anymore.

It's the most addicting game I have ever played. It's also the only game that I was bored while playing. I eventually broke the addiction though. Anyone want my Level 73? :cookieMonster: