Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 53526 times)

You RUN, Sheezy!

Demon pit is demon pit!

Haha, my dwarfs don't sleep anymore.

My engraver had a fey mood and wanted Adamantine, but my area has none.
So he went insane, then engraved over half my fortress with engravings of things like tentacle demons "embracing" dwarfs, and mandrills mangling men (a pack of mandrills killed the human traders later that year).
Anyway after about three gamedays of dwarfs vomiting all over everything, they're now very stable (aside from the nineteen who killed themselves) and haven't slept in a whole season.

As a result I now have a series of magma waterfalls down the side of my chasm because it fascinates me, and I also made a sauna (magma and water flowing into a room below the sauna room with a grated floor) and even managed to construct a nine level high, four space thick marble curtain wall outside.

Then I got bored and made a second curtain wall outside the first one and filled the gap with magma.

Fail.

Spontaneous Goblin ambush, right?

one, single, untrained hammer-wielding recruit BEATS THE EVERLOVING BEJEEBUS OUT OF THEM.

hay guyz I was mining some adamantine and I just found this chamber full of caged and chained people, along with some disturbing engravings.

Apparently, according to some obscure wiki page, some worlds have legends of chambers deep below the surface, filled with evildoers. You must of uncovered a legend.

Nah, that's a glowing pit, when you find them, your best option is to seal it back up and build about a couple of walls to block up the pit. If you don't, then flying tentacle demons will kill all your dwarves mercilessly.

By the time you get down there you should be able to hadnle them in limited numbers...

does anyone have a mirror for the regional prospector thats not stuffed to the brim with research?

Yes, and it uses mediafire.

Also: if you want to take the entire load of goods that the merchants have brought you, destroy your trade depot, then the items become yours. I'm not sure if this affects relations or not, but it's good to steal a dozen barrels of 25 booze off an elf caravan.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:54:31 PM by Monty »

Yes, and it uses mediafire.

Also: if you want to take the entire load of goods that the merchants have brought you, destroy your trade depot, then the items become yours. I'm not sure if this affects relations or not, but it's good to steal a dozen barrels of 25 booze off an elf caravan.

thanks

and thats epic! >:D hopefully i don't have worry about getting in a fight with their guards right?

I just got my first loaf of immigrants :D
I carved out rooms, too
I only got about 5-10 people, however I got about 20 animals -_-
Meat time :D

and thats epic! >:D hopefully i don't have worry about getting in a fight with their guards right?
Nope, you just get a message about needing a Trade depot for the merchants to unpack the goods which are already being stolen by your dwarves. You'll get no trouble from the merchants or gaurds.

When you have a legendary stonecrafter and a few thousand spare units of obsidian, trading becomes easier.

Nope, you just get a message about needing a Trade depot for the merchants to unpack the goods which are already being stolen by your dwarves. You'll get no trouble from the merchants or gaurds.
:cookieMonster:

great! because i suck rooster at trading :D

Meh fort is doing okay, but the wave of 20 immigrants caught me off guard and now I has no booze left. Trying to brew it but I have no idea where the hell my brewer went.

My plan is to get the fort into a self-supporting state and then work on a military and some mining operations. What kind of minerals/ores/whatever they are should I be hoping to stumble upon?