GSF Maps

Poll

Which maps do you want to be converted to bricks?

Play Ground
8 (2.8%)
Autumn
3 (1.1%)
Warehouse
2 (0.7%)
Blocko Airlines
9 (3.2%)
Flatbed
1 (0.4%)
Attic
4 (1.4%)
Mike’s House
14 (4.9%)
Ghost’s House
8 (2.8%)
Christmas
0 (0%)
Blocko Forest
7 (2.5%)
Serenity
2 (0.7%)
Thin Ice
3 (1.1%)
Lake
2 (0.7%)
Desert Oasis
2 (0.7%)
Yellow Fields
3 (1.1%)
Ocean
2 (0.7%)
Tranquility
2 (0.7%)
GSF Paradise
115 (40.5%)
New York City
47 (16.5%)
California
18 (6.3%)
Remote Island
5 (1.8%)
Bad Dream
9 (3.2%)
Miami
18 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 284

Author Topic: GSF Maps  (Read 525243 times)

My god that looks awesome, I can't wait

Me Wantz Boat... Jk, btw GSF, nice update, love new solar flare.
Thanks, and boats will come eventually lol.

The colors of the terrain look very nice, the buildings look almost a bit too colorful, and since most of them are just one solid color + a brown roof, the bright color kind of stands out. But I don't really think that is a big deal for now. I also like the bridge in the background.

I would love to see some detail added to the many cliffs, like some small ledges that you can walk along.
Ledges would be complicated. And yeah I thought the buildings were too colorful; I'll try to tone them down and add more colors and detail to them.

My god that looks awesome, I can't wait
Yeah hopefully this will turn to be my best map.

I'm debating on what kind of textures to use and I would like feedback on it. I could either use:

A mix of realistic and blocko textures

Just realistic textures

realistic textures tiled to look like bricks

or just blocko textures

or just blocko textures

realistic textures tiled to look like bricks 71st post

Blockland textures make me feel like I'm playing Blockland, I like that.

Blockland textures make me feel like I'm playing Blockland, I like that.
True.

-FAWESOME snip-
Are you looking to be an adoptive parent?

Nice I like this, makes it feel more realistic then realistic texutures themselves. Anyway keep up the good work. (-_-) peace....

Hey, Ghost. You should think about making a Relalistic House Map, not a blocko-like one. Makes me feel like the blockos are accualy toys.

lol, well I'm going to just release a few more add-ons and then I have to quit, but I hope to make these last add-ons my best yet.

Sorry for the double post but... WHAT?! D:

Hey, Ghost. You should think about making a Relalistic House Map, not a blocko-like one. Makes me feel like the blockos are accualy toys.
You mean like my MikesHouse map, but resized to blocko-scale?

Are you looking to be an adoptive parent?
lol not at this time

or just blocko textures
mix
realistic textures tiled to look like bricks 71st post

I decided, for now, to keep the textures blocko. This way I can finish up and host the test server sooner. But, I will add more detail to the buildings to make them unique, instead of just solid colored buildings. Depending on feedback from the testers, I will change the textures or keep them blocko.

Sorry for the double post but... WHAT?! D:
Yeah I can't keep mapping for much longer due to my schedule. Plus I've been at this for almost four years lol.

You mean like my MikesHouse map, but resized to blocko-scale?
lol not at this time
I decided, for now, to keep the textures blocko. This way I can finish up and host the test server sooner. But, I will add more detail to the buildings to make them unique, instead of just solid colored buildings. Depending on feedback from the testers, I will change the textures or keep them blocko.
Yeah I can't keep mapping for much longer due to my schedule. Plus I've been at this for almost four years lol.

We shall miss you. :S
Anyway, looking forward to the map...
Looks like another citymap upcoming (just like san andreas and vice city and such)!

Hm... then maybe a quick Wake Island map?

Ghost, I have a problem where I cannot spawn in an online game that has NY as its map, Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:22:14 AM by Dnitro »