GSF Maps

Poll

Which maps do you want to be converted to bricks?

Play Ground
8 (2.8%)
Autumn
3 (1.1%)
Warehouse
2 (0.7%)
Blocko Airlines
9 (3.2%)
Flatbed
1 (0.4%)
Attic
4 (1.4%)
Mike’s House
14 (4.9%)
Ghost’s House
8 (2.8%)
Christmas
0 (0%)
Blocko Forest
7 (2.5%)
Serenity
2 (0.7%)
Thin Ice
3 (1.1%)
Lake
2 (0.7%)
Desert Oasis
2 (0.7%)
Yellow Fields
3 (1.1%)
Ocean
2 (0.7%)
Tranquility
2 (0.7%)
GSF Paradise
115 (40.5%)
New York City
47 (16.5%)
California
18 (6.3%)
Remote Island
5 (1.8%)
Bad Dream
9 (3.2%)
Miami
18 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 284

Author Topic: GSF Maps  (Read 506915 times)

Ghost, I have a problem where I cannot spawn in an online game that has NY as its map, Any suggestions?
Your internet is crap, or your computer is crap.  What year is your comp. from?
My internet is crap...

Two things.
1. I want this map more than the Zombie Forest, sure, but are you ever going to finish that?
2. Do you think you could make a version of this map before the construction? So, no buildings, bridges, etc? It shouldn't take too long.

Your internet is crap, or your computer is crap.  What year is your comp. from?
I can spawn in a single player game, but online, I time out. I think my Comp. is from 2006

I can spawn in a single player game, but online, I time out. I think my Comp. is from 2006
Internet is crap then, do you get lag a lot?

Two things.
1. I want this map more than the Zombie Forest, sure, but are you ever going to finish that?
2. Do you think you could make a version of this map before the construction? So, no buildings, bridges, etc? It shouldn't take too long.

1. let him work
2. when it is done, open the mission editor, and delete the more than 210 interiors

But, like he does with his other maps, a no-lag version.

Internet is crap then, do you get lag a lot?
No, I don't.

Hm... then maybe a quick Wake Island map?
This one won't take too much longer.

Ghost, I have a problem where I cannot spawn in an online game that has NY as its map, Any suggestions?
Yeah it could be your internet. Can you host a game with NYC without problems? And do you time out on the mission lighting sequence?

Two things.
I'll see; if I do bring Zombie Forest back then it might not be as large or have as much content as this new map I'm working on.
And yes, I decided early on to have a version with just the terrain and water. But, I might keep the bridges in because most of them are at inclines, and it would be hard to replicate them with bricks.

I still have about a day or two worth of work before I'm ready to decide on when to host the beta test, but I should announce it by early this week.

Hmm, I just noticed that you make replies in huge segments, so that probably means if you respond to this, you'll put it on the top, for it being the newest reply! :O

On-Topic: Hurry up!

Or mine will be on top because I'm not being bossy ;)

So will this map have different type of "themes" like SA did? Like the destruction version, rain, snow, etc.

And what is your "goal" for this map? What do you picture people using this for? Free building? Zombies? Roleplaying?

Yeah it could be your internet. Can you host a game with NYC without problems? And do you time out on the mission lighting sequence?
I can't host. D: I time out at the end of the "Loading Objects", where it freezes. It's the same on Single player, but I spawn because there's no Timeout thing. No problens on Single though
Off topic: Shweet "Mikes House" map.

Just got New york on my new computer and I can run it without any lag and on the highest graphics
and loading does not even freeze once..

Just got New york on my new computer and I can run it without any lag and on the highest graphics
and loading does not even freeze once..
You probably have a much better computer than I have lol.

I can't host. D: I time out at the end of the "Loading Objects", where it freezes. It's the same on Single player, but I spawn because there's no Timeout thing. No problens on Single though
Off topic: Shweet "Mikes House" map.
Thank you, and you probably just have too many datablocks enabled. NYC has many datablocks, and if you have a lot of vehicles, items, weapons, etc. enabled then it will cause problems. Try disabling all your add-ons and then reload the map; it should freeze during mission lighting, but then you'll spawn afterwards. If this works, then just play the map with only a few add-ons enabled in the future.

Or mine will be on top because I'm not being bossy ;)

So will this map have different type of "themes" like SA did? Like the destruction version, rain, snow, etc.

And what is your "goal" for this map? What do you picture people using this for? Free building? Zombies? Roleplaying?
Yours is third lol. And yes it will have multiple versions, but I haven't decided on them yet. I'm thinking night, dawn, day, no-lag, and storm.
The goal is to cater to diversity - as many game types as possible. If you want to have a DM, a free build, a role play game, a race, a zombie game, an easter egg hunt, or if you just want to mess around, then hopefully you can have fun in this map.

Hmm, I just noticed that you make replies in huge segments, so that probably means if you respond to this, you'll put it on the top, for it being the newest reply! :O

On-Topic: Hurry up!
Your last :D
And the beta is almost done; I should be able to finish it by tonight.

Update:I will host a beta tonight to test my new map GSF Paradise. Beta testers will need to check for the following:
  • lag and which areas cause lag
  • make sure all buildings align to bricks
  • make sure there are no problems with the boat
The server will be up sometime after 11pm (central time).

so right at 11 central on the dot? Can you post when its up?