Poll

Which feature would you most like to see in RTB next?

Friends List + Messaging [1-2 Months Dev Time]
167 (78.4%)
Online/Ingame Gallery System & Save Repository [2-3 Months Dev Time]
20 (9.4%)
Online/Ingame Clan System [4-5 Months Dev Time]
26 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Author Topic: Return to Blockland v3  (Read 108419 times)

The fact that you state that you wish to integrate AIM/MSN into this Blockland Buddylist system sounds not only ambitions but time consuming. Does Blockland really need to have not only it's own chat system but also integration other mainstream chat clients?

Developing an Instant messaging client takes teams of people years to perfect, wouldn't it make more sense to just make a chat client unique only to Blockland users to speed up completion time?

No, Ephi can do this, and it won't take that long. Know what you are talking about.

The fact that you state that you wish to integrate AIM/MSN into this Blockland Buddylist system sounds not only ambitions but time consuming. Does Blockland really need to have not only it's own chat system but also integration other mainstream chat clients?

Developing an Instant messaging client takes teams of people years to perfect, wouldn't it make more sense to just make a chat client unique only to Blockland users to speed up completion time?
Jabber... :)

I'm working with an open source messaging protocol called Jabber/XMPP.

Hahaha, I love how in the example window you have storeclerk blocked. Can't wait for the release, something like this would be really useful for organization.

For RTB 2.1 I have decided to re-build the RTB forums. Currently they're based on an outdated version of phpBB2 and I will be updating to the latest one (not phpBB3, that blows) and I will also be re-doing the mod management system entirely to include a few new key features:

• The current system uses multiple files for updates, the new one will use a single file.
  • Bug Reporting for add-ons which will be sent to the add-on owner's account
  • Multiple add-on owners
  • Better backend for different add-on types (music/sound/colorset/standard)
  • A better way to manage add-on issues by a mod reviewer raising an issue with the authors which can then be solved and dealt with outside comments (this means you can be notified by email too)
  • Reputation points can be given for add-ons from ingame as well as on the forums
  • You will be required to re-register on the RTB forums and registration requires a valid BL ID
  • Add-Ons may have to be re-submitted but hopefully I can try to move them over using some sort of hacky SQL and BL ID matching.
  • The forum-section will be downgraded to just having a few forums (General,Suggestions,Helpdesk,Modification Discussion) and there is a potential for it to be accessible in-game however we'll have to see
  • Private add-ons that are accessible to a user-defined selection of BL IDs.
  • A mods control panel where you can review some statistics (in the form of pretty graphs) showing your add-on downloads (ingame and online) and ratings over time

So as you can see, we've got some exciting stuff planned.

Idea:
If/when/should Badspot decide to do help on this: Have an RTB2 feature where you can type in someones name and it will show their ID for you. Just the ID, and vice versa (Enter ID and find name). Because I'm sick to forget of not having a server log anymore :(

I think what you said up ^^ there mentioned something like this, but I think you should have a warning sent to add-on creators that their add-on has been failed, and if they don't fix it in an amount of time considering the time consumation of the bug fix, it gets sent to the fail bin.

stop saying that or it will never come out

stop saying that or it will never come out
Stop saying that because Ephi is not Trader who would work on something and show it off yet not release it due to hating a small bit of the forum community.

Stop saying that because Ephi is not Trader who would work on something and show it off yet not release it due to hating a small bit of the forum community.

Cheap shots belong in the Drama forum. You can ask and ask when RTB's done, but it'll just make me hate you more.