The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3772843 times)

smoothshade galore. seems like it wouldn't fit too well with the angular flatshaded blockheads but its a good model nonetheless

smoothshade galore. seems like it wouldn't fit too well with the angular flatshaded blockheads but its a good model nonetheless
Sylv specifically requested it to be like that so ye.

Send .blend and add-on zip

EDIT: Mac Douglas DC3 wip I'm making for Sylvanor:
[i mg width=1000]http://i.imgur.com/0kWBCee.png[/img]

This is seriously one of my favorite things you've ever made up to this point. Just awesome work, dude

Stylish.

Also, I finished my Panzer II model and made a render of all 3 tanks so far.

Awesome work ANT :P
also tag i cant wait !

babang!!

Sylv didn't want the smoothshade afterall so with great effort I pressed ctrl a and put flatshading on all faces

e w w w w w w w w w w w w you should smooth some faces and edge split to get rid of those yucky tris near the roosterpit

but ya that looks better

You should just go with smooth shading, rounded objects like that don't look good flat shaded

If the model was lower poly and more simplistic in it's shape, it'd probably look a bit better flat shaded

You should just go with smooth shading, rounded objects like that don't look good flat shaded

If the model was lower poly and more simplistic in it's shape, it'd probably look a bit better flat shaded
Yeah it's really my gripe with bl. Things like armored cars or stylized planes are totally doable (like Phydeoux's passenger jets fit right in) but a remake of a real plane just gives you this inescapable round shape. Gonna forget around with it a bit until it works, I'll see where I end up.

imo the model is fine, just if you use smooth shading + edge split correctly, it'll look perfect

Yeah, selective smoothshading can improve a model a lot.

I used to work on a DC3 too, but I lost motivation to finish it:

Why do the polygons in my render look so weird?

Maybe it's because of how they're ordered, you have

instead of