Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3772424 times)

Maybe it's because of how they're ordered, you have
Should I just Knife tool these into shape?
Or is there a better way? I'm new to this lol, I haven't memorized everything quite yet.

Should I just Knife tool these into shape?
Or is there a better way? I'm new to this lol, I haven't memorized everything quite yet.
you can knife tool them after convertin gthem back into quads, or change the triangulation settings when triangulating.

Delete the faces that look weird then just replace them, but in a different order, such as the one in my post

When it comes to quads (assuming that's what you're working with), they're made up of two triangular faces, and occasionally, their ordering can look a bit screwy at times, so you'd have to manually fix them

There's only two ways to go about making a quad out of tris, and that's like this or like this , so if one doesn't work out, try the other

so I'm creating a story and I just drew the preliminary design for the main antagonist's weapon, "Verschlinger"
probably the best sword I've drawn in a while

the other weapon is the main protagonist's, if you've seen my weapons thread I've posted it there before but it didn't have a name
I gave it one but I'm pretty sure it's going to change

oh and both are to scale so uh yeah
not fun for the protagonist

some gross tris in there but otherwise it's coming out OK

Yeah, selective smoothshading can improve a model a lot.

I used to work on a DC3 too, but I lost motivation to finish it:

That looks great. Could you maybe send the .blend (or .obj) so I can learn from it?
Tried my hand at the selective smoothshading, I think it helped a lot so far but is by no means perfect:

Also note the engines, I tried making it look closer to octagonal while retaining the higher detail of 16-sided.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:32:38 PM by TheArmyGuy »

with selective smoothshading it looks hella dope. gotta smoothshade the grey part just below the roosterpit windows though, i see some tris there

Has anyone seen blenders new realtime render engine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAVjwXEjDdo

looks super lovey

this is actually really neat
thank you!! i wish i could have done more with it but cities doesnt allow much animation or lighting on vehicles. so the truck doesnt actually have a screen that emits light or  is animated. i rlly want to come back to it though when cities does. i know animated props is a thing now since a month ago so who knows

Mazda 3 Sedan
my first attempt at a medium poly car;
link to the 3D model here

Nice mazda. Up the render resolution a bit though there's jaggies everywhere.

Insurgent killer Mk. 64

EDIT: I forgot the gear
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:37:54 AM by TheArmyGuy »

Figured out a neat way to turn AutoCAD drawings into reference images in Blender. You have to dig around for some suitable plans and after tinkering with it for a while in a CAD software with layers and measurements, export it as a dfx format and import it with a plugin. It's a bit of a procedure, but you get a snappable reference with accurate measurements. No more tracing out images. If anyone is interested I can walk them through the procedure a bit more, but its mainly just tinkering.

based on some stuff i made out of lego https://www.garycact.us/i/y_rtdgIA.jpeg
time to texture it and by time to texture it i mean time to kill myself