Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3772416 times)

"non trashy"? I haven't noticed much wrong with the collision for the default ramps

The default ramps are fine. But the ones in "One Random Brickpack" are awful, they act like stairs.

The default ramps are fine. But the ones in "One Random Brickpack" are awful, they act like stairs.
Ooh! The add-on! I misunderstood because you said "default", so i thought you meant the ramps that have been in the game, right, sorry

So would I but I don't have the slightest clue on how to do ramps. Basic cuboid bricks are piece of cake but anything more than four vertices..

Can you find someone to do those ramps because oh sweet mother of mercy those look awesome.

Can you find someone to do those ramps because oh sweet mother of mercy those look awesome.
I'm currently bugging Soba about it since he apparently knows how to do. If I get no answer then next on my list are Tophius and Destiny.

New image with ramps actually organized.

Edit: Right after I post this I realize I forgot to make a few ramps. More on the way! =D

With due respect, you should bug Tophius first. Siba's decorative bricks crash Mac users.

I used Destiny's BLS2OBJ program to convert Sirrus's Military Compound to an .obj, and the Wavefront OBJ Importer/Exporter to import. Now, when I just tried rendering it just to test it, this happened

Why won't it render the rest of the build?

-snip-
It looks like some sort of draw distance error, :o

It looks like some sort of draw distance error, :o
Not an error. Blender has limited draw distance, I don't know if it can be adjusted. He just has to scale the mesh down.

Not an error. Blender has limited draw distance, I don't know if it can be adjusted. He just has to scale the mesh down.
This.

Barnabus, where do you find those UV templates for the cars? and flubb, you posted a link to a .exe, and you can get banned for that, you should get rid of it

More ramps. Orange ones are either default or already exist. Inverted versions not included because they are identical.

Actual render: http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1666/rampsunleashed.png

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:13:46 PM by Demian »

Dayumm demian, if you plan on making those all bricks, its gonna take quite some time
EDIT: now I understand why you wanted to know how to make BLB's out of OBJ...

Especially when I have no idea how to.

Barnabus, where do you find those UV templates for the cars? and flubb, you posted a link to a .exe, and you can get banned for that, you should get rid of it

UV templates?