Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3838394 times)

now rig it and animate and script in and fail miserably and cry because making playertypes is hard

now rig it and animate and script in and fail miserably and cry because making playertypes is hard
The only thing that stops me is the scripting

Select edge > X > Dissolve Edges in Blender.
yeah i figured that out; its just more convenient in maya since you just hit delete and its done

This

does anyone have experience with maya
i'm at my wits end trying to do something incredibly simple like divide a face into loving subsections. also the isometric/orthographic controls are godawful compared to blender - doesn't seem like it can smoothly rotate the view in said mode.

so far the only thing i've really appreciated is that i can delete edges and it will automerge faces, but that's little comfort.

Edit Mesh>Add Divisions, alternatively hold shift and right click, then add divisions is in there too.

As for the camera, it is generally a bad idea to tumble the ortho cameras, just stick to the perspective, if you need other views hold spacebar and right click on the Maya block in the marking menu, your other views are in there.

yeah i figured that out; its just more convenient in maya since you just hit delete and its done
Huh, I didn't know this before but Ctrl + X does an intelligent dissolve that skips the step of choosing the right type of feature to dissolve. I love discovering new shortcuts that improve my workflow.

I would start modeling again if I actually knew how to code my stuff
And of I actually had a tiny bit of efford in me

This
I really want to get into making playertypes but I have no idea how they're rigged

jinkazma back with the op as forget models

first render
As in, first ever? If so, did you use a tutorial/template? 'Cause this is fairly impressive.

i haven't modeled anything for a while
considering i posted about the newest and latest technology that will be deployed on the battlefield at some point, i decided to model it. it's really not that good, not very much detail. no shell ejection either, so i'll go back to work on this at some point later between 2 weeks and this week.

since i'm posting something i modeled, here's something i modeled a few months ago