The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3772120 times)

You should add a flat surface in the middle of the roof, it looks weird as a triangle

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 12:25:03 PM by Conan »

it that brother from dora the explorer

[img ]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/373250328147001354/373287544881938442/unknown.png[/img]
personguy
Blockhead + Madness

i have been using sketchup to try and make a mario kart ds custom track and i have now gained a whole new amount of respect for phantos because it loving sucks
i honor his struggle
honestly sketch up was a struggle when I first used it but fast forward 5 years and more just as efficient in it as the typical blender modeler

Tip: check out the follow me tool. You can draw like a really long line anywhere and then force a shape to follow that line, making a path in whatever direction you want
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:58:50 PM by PhantOS »

I prefer blender mainly because it's modern and has more features and updates, and I absolutely love 3d modelling in it's great 3d camera. I can't stand 3d modelling using only 2d plains like milkshape does and I'm too poor to get sketchup, not a fan of sketche's UI though

Sketch up is intentionally barebones, since it's a sketching planning program like auto desk inventor. It's free too, so what I did is use SKTUP for the modeling process and blend for the processing and polishing areas. They work very well in conjunction, but on their own there are difficulties

Made this model awhile ago. Dunno what to do with it:

p3d.in

I based it of the BFG from the doom movie and the BFG10k from a doom mod named skulltag.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:15:10 AM by Fastmapler »