Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)  (Read 145285 times)

Where would the muzzlePoint go on a grenade?

Where would the muzzlePoint go on a grenade?

there is no muzzle point on a grenade.

there is no muzzle point on a grenade.

So I just do mountPoint, and I'm set?

Aight, thanks. I'll post back if I have any problems.

for grenade like items (/spear) do you have to parent anything? Cause i didnt and it doesnt show up in 3rd person, but when i do, it doesnt show up when i throw -.-

How do you flip faces? I'm having a backwards face problem, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I turned off the double sided face option thingy, but some faces are "backward".

i hate that... it happens to me and when i smoothshade it, it looks all wierd...

btw, how do you handle multiple animations?

and also see post above...

btw, how do you handle multiple animations?

and also see post above...

Shoot, I wish I knew the answer to both of those.

Go into edit mode and then go into the editing tab. Then go to the Mesh Tools More panel and enable Draw Normals. For every face that doesn't have a blue line pointing outside, select it, hit ctrl f and hit flip normals.

For the multiple animation thing just click the arrow in the action editor and click add new, then whenever you wanna switch animations just click the arrow and select the one you want.

for grenade like items (/spear) do you have to parent anything? Cause i didnt and it doesnt show up in 3rd person, but when i do, it doesnt show up when i throw -.-
You need two models, the projectile and the one that shows in your hand. Parent the hand one as it says in the guide, but do not parent the projectile one to anything, export without and empties and it should give the option of setting it up for you, do that for the projectile.

Darkstar, you may also want to tell them about deleting animations, since it is pretty much impossible to figure out without someone telling you.

I dunno why you didn't tell them in your post but ok, ill tell them lol.

Disable the big F beside the name, and then reload blender. It'll clear it.

ty guys.

but how would i make two meshes that have different anim.

separate them into different objects by pressing p, and then parent them to separate bones.