Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5753688 times)

those boats are incredible planr, why haven't I see u built any in bl :o

Well cause I suck at building boats on non-cube block based games, mostly

Plus I enjoy building boats a lot more if its on a game where the boat can actually move

that's really cute! I've always tried to build boats but they ended up looking poor. have any tips?

Well dont be afraid to mess up. My boats usually start out looking bad and I mold and shape the hull until it looks right. The sails took the longest time to do though by far.

I usually start out a boat with the keel, and decide very early how wide I want the boat to be; that determines its size and the scale of most other things.

are there any good minecraft servers that don't give obnoxious donor benefits and use the 1.9 combat?

I'm still really looking forward to a semi-vanilla server. I actually still remember Buttville, and me building the renamed "Satanland", a floating island. I didn't mind the economy mod at all.

tfw I find out I can cram like 500 chests worth of crap in a single drive in applied energistics

I'm still really looking forward to a semi-vanilla server. I actually still remember Buttville, and me building the renamed "Satanland", a floating island. I didn't mind the economy mod at all.
I have a (mostly) empty server I've been thinking of putting up for the forums.

I just need to figure out a way it won't be a clusterforget/get boring too quickly.

Usually one of 3 things happens

1. Due to the average user on the forums being younger, people do stupid, immature stuff that ruins the experience of playing as a community i.e. stealing, griefing, etc

2.The server runs well for about three weeks or so until people get bored of the gameplay/map and the server eventually dies.

3. People play, but there's very little interaction except for maybe pairs or small groups of people trading/basing together (likely plays a role in point # 1)

I'm still trying to work out how to potentially remedy these issues. Any suggestions are welcome.

Take a pack thats not exploration based (ie ftb beyond) and get a map thats a smallish island (1000x1000) to force cooperation.

a smallish enclosed map would actually be pretty neat

a smallish enclosed map would actually be pretty neat

nowhere to run

Anyone know a good wither autofarm for ftb beyond 1.10.2 that is 100% safe?

is minecraft a poorly optimized game?
Signs Point To Yes

is minecraft a poorly optimized game?
Signs Point To Yes

blame java
also if you people want a modpack, ive made like 10000000000 of them so i can do one. feel free to suggest mods and config changes and other stuff. feel like doing something for 1.10.2 but if i have to 1.7.10 is ok.

ey any recommendations for mods that are on a more recent version of minecraft? (like anything not 1.7.10)