Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5744950 times)

pretty sure mcpatcher is now part of optifine

Bump.

Three months ago I finally figured out how mods work on Minecraft (via Forge), and ever since i've been steadily getting good mods to run for my private server.

Here's my second sailing ship I just finished building for use with DaVinci's Vessels. I call it the SSS Sparrow.

quite the boat
your banners could use some work though, they're kind of bland as is

the banners are just placeholders for now. this is the 2nd prototype of the sparrow. i built it in singleplayer as a proof of concept for when i start building it on multiplayer.

also i found this sick design for a functional, compact and cheap TNT cannon. has short range though but it functions well.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 03:45:14 PM by Planr »

holy forget pirate battles in multiplayer would be dope

I created a larger and fairly gunpowder-conservative long-range TNT siege cannon that propels 5 TNT up to 90 meters at the cost of 4 TNT acting as propellant. whyich is about 1.8 TNT cost per shot, requiring 9 TNT for one salvo.

it takes up a fair deal of space though so itd only be useful on larger ships
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 06:19:05 PM by Planr »

Any idea where I can find a good territory/factions/anti-griefing mod though for 1.12 (not 1.12.1 or 1.12.2, just 1.12) with forge?

i'll take that as a no

i thought mods for 1.12/1.12.1/1.12.2 and stuff like that all worked together

i thought mods for 1.12/1.12.1/1.12.2 and stuff like that all worked together
no, they dont.

Started up a new Minecraft server with my friends using the Biomes O' Plenty mod, built my first tiny ship this late late night:

Made a new ship today for use with DaVinci's Vessels, this time a sloop.

I call it the Falcon.

It's meant to resemble the HMS Interceptor from POTC 1.