Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5778784 times)

I had an awesome experience with the new snapshot yesterday. :D
I spawned by a village and lived as a peasant. I would farm wheat and give it to my employer who would pay me a very low income. I would spend this money on apples just to survive the next day. I did this for days.

I was living in an abandoned house the whole time. I fixed it up until someone moved in. Then I would do that to 2 other abandoned houses. I eventually built my own house and started breeding chickens and sheep. I would sell the chicken meat and wool to get a nice income. Eventually I was able to bling out iron armor which I purchased from the blacksmith. I was the richest one in the village. I started building other houses for villagers to move in but then I got bored.

It was a great experience. I haven't played in forever and I found this quite fun. :D
forget i want to do this now

I really want to make a texture pack in ms paint and then trans it in paint.net.

I know this sounds stupid but ms paint style seems kinda silly and great at the same time.

can't they be used to activate blocks directly above?
or did some update eliminate that?
or am I just wrong entirely

They never did.

Redstone torches can be used to activate the block above them.
You can turn on and off a redstone torch too.

Redstone torches can be used to activate the block above them.
You can turn on and off a redstone torch too.

Thank you Cpt. Obvious.

Thank you Cpt. Obvious.
to complete redstone illiterates this isn't really that obvious

when i started out i didn't even know you could turn torches on and off :/

to complete redstone illiterates this isn't really that obvious

when i started out i didn't even know you could turn torches on and off :/

I was under the impression that that was the whole premise of torches.

i'm thinking one would associate wire with powering things over torches, because for all you know torches are just used for low light, and I think one would assume redstone wire would be the actual mechanics in contraptions over torches. this makes less sense to one who's explored the ins and outs of redstone.

Thank you Cpt. Obvious.

I was just clarifying anything up richard.

Anyway, the seed "yeaaa", when used with large biomes, spawns you near to a nice village.
It's a nice place to try the whole Minecraft RPG life.

Also

A villager receives a lewinsky and others pretend they don't see.
But they know.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:58:44 PM by steve5451 »

Stal is my favorite disk
i got it while exploring an abandoned mineshaft and was like "ok forget i need to leave so i dont lose this"

I keep on getting a time out when I try to log into my minecraft server, other people can but I can't.

EDIT: It just started working for me
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:06:13 PM by devildogelite »

-SNIPPITY SNAPPITY SNOOP-
Oh the other guy is dug in the ground. At first i tough it was a Potato in the weeds

I had an awesome experience with the new snapshot yesterday. :D
I spawned by a village and lived as a peasant. I would farm wheat and give it to my employer who would pay me a very low income. I would spend this money on apples just to survive the next day. I did this for days.

I was living in an abandoned house the whole time. I fixed it up until someone moved in. Then I would do that to 2 other abandoned houses. I eventually built my own house and started breeding chickens and sheep. I would sell the chicken meat and wool to get a nice income. Eventually I was able to bling out iron armor which I purchased from the blacksmith. I was the richest one in the village. I started building other houses for villagers to move in but then I got bored.

It was a great experience. I haven't played in forever and I found this quite fun. :D
I did this before the snapshot was released. :D

Roleplay ftw.

Roleplay ftw.
I'll take you up on that offer

I should probably play vanilla more often though, I usually just play technic.