Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851417 times)

he tried to build a bridge and failed.

We get it. You said a stupid thing and now you are regretting it, but instead of just apologizing or stopping, you instead try to defend your statement as if people would think higher of you for it in comparison to a situation where you just stopped posting.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 10:48:41 AM by Tonkka² »

Since when were bridges built in the water?
How the flying forget is that a stupid thing to say? I don't regret stuff, I asked a question and I expected an actual answer.

I'm not nitpicking that much, he tried to build a bridge and failed.
...Would you drop the conversation already? I get it, you think I should follow the rules of "physics" But you know what? Blocks can float in this game, we might aswell build bridges in water. The purpose of a bridge is to get across. Stop being so god damned OCD.

...Would you drop the conversation already? I get it, you think I should follow the rules of "physics" But you know what? Blocks can float in this game, we might aswell build bridges in water. The purpose of a bridge is to get across. Stop being so god damned OCD.
I thought you were building a bridge for function and aesthetic as you put little wooden fences in the windows on the side signalling to me effort was put into its construction rather than just throwing some dirt down across the gap to get across. Aesthetically, bridges predominately arch over a river or gap, and therefore I was confused as to why yours was sitting atop it, looking as if it were to be swept away by the next monsoon.

Sue me for taking some realism into account when I judge builds in Minecraft. I simply asked a question and I was ridiculed for doing so.

Regardless, I've taken my answer as "I couldn't give two forgets about logic, I wanted a walkway across the river and I made it." To which I say congratulations.

Oasis do you have some kind of OCD stuff going on that everything needs to be logical?

Actually I guess it does look more like a dam.

Can you generate hydro or geothermal power in Minecraft with anything? That'd be neat for something.
It does look more like a dam then a bridge since Oasis is right about one thing, in general, a bridge is built over water.
When someone says, draw a bridge, i would draw one over it not through it most of the time.
So for a bridge that is a bit silly, but for a dam that is damn good. (haha word jokes)

It does look more like a dam then a bridge since Oasis is right about one thing, in general, a bridge is built over water.
When someone says, draw a bridge, i would draw one over it not through it most of the time.
So for a bridge that is a bit silly, but for a dam that is damn good. (haha word jokes)
Except a dam is usually meant for water storage/control or for hydroelectric power, which isn't exactly easy when your structure doesn't reach down to the riverbed. He's built a quasi-dam with the functional road on top. :)

Except a dam is usually meant for water storage/control or for hydroelectric power, which isn't exactly easy when your structure doesn't reach down to the riverbed. He's built a quasi-dam with the functional road on top. :)
It's not a dam, or a bridge. It's 3 non-existent images. You win. I'm done.

hey guys check out my sweet-ass dam!!

edit: dams are really useful, now I can reach all the ores at the bottom of the used-to-be-lake

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:47:50 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

Holy stuff Ike.

That is a fantastically inspirational bridge.

Holy stuff Ike.

That is a fantastically inspirational bridge.

Umm, it's not a bridge, considering it's not over the water...

Umm, it's not a bridge, considering it's not over the water...
You're right, I was just joshing you.

It's a tunnel because its under the water.

op needs to update title/poll because new snapshot and mob (theguardian) were released

uhh so i loaded an older world on 1.7.10 and uhhhhhhhhh

????????????????????????????

That's a lot of health.

Go fight the dragon.