Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851434 times)

yo guys i kind of want to richard around in minecraft a little bit
suggest me some good casual mods that aren't an ass to install (i'd rather not fiddle with launchers tbh)

what wrong with launchers, they literally do everything for you

what wrong with launchers, they literally do everything for you
back when i actually cared about minecraft i heard a lot of stuff about launchers causing problems and generally being a hassle but it looks like you're pretty much forced to download a launcher if you want to run mods

they seem p easy to use

back when i actually cared about minecraft i heard a lot of stuff about launchers causing problems and generally being a hassle but it looks like you're pretty much forced to download a launcher if you want to run mods

>install lancher
>select mod pack
>log in and play

What a hassle.

You run into the risk where you don't exactly know what the developers of the launcher do with your login credentials.
In fact, some time ago, Mojang tweeted something about it.
Ever since i have been a bit on guard too, but eventually i tipped over for the FTB launcher.
Seems like a good bunch of guys and they have great modpacks on there too.
Very easy to use.

maybe it's just because i kinda fell out of touch with minecraft after it got out of beta and so i'm still kind of stuck in that stage where it's like "launchers could forget up your game because they're unstable"

i dunno i might check one out if they're user friendly and stable, i'd just need some nice mods to go with them.

they're adding bunny rabbits! ^-^

ATLauncher and Technic Launcher are both decently user-friendly and stable in my experience (though I haven't touched Technic in forever).  FTB is the only launcher I've messed with that's just... well, a loving mess. :\

(Relevant: Resonant Rise best modpack.)

ATLauncher and Technic Launcher are both decently user-friendly and stable in my experience (though I haven't touched Technic in forever).  FTB is the only launcher I've messed with that's just... well, a loving mess. :\

(Relevant: Resonant Rise best modpack.)
In my opinion Technic > FTB > AT

So I tinkered around to see how the new random block variants work and I did this (just for testing purposes)

So it totally works (no mods whatsoever, only a resource pack)

i have been unable to find a single good server, the single player in this game is more boring than watching grass grow, and there is no support at all for mods

what a great way to spend money

i have been unable to find a single good server, the single player in this game is more boring than watching grass grow, and there is no support at all for mods

what a great way to spend money
you're the guy that would make put 0 effort into something and already be out of ideas.