Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851291 times)

I would really love to see a legitimate "copy" of Minecraft (one that's made by a serious company, not 10 year olds in Unity) that would support modding through lua or other very common "plug & play" scripting language and would have fixed everything that Minecraft is doing wrong at the moment including engine, hitboxes, collision, reasonless lag unless you assign 1 terabyte of RAM to the game and so on and so forth.

https://mojang.com/2014/07/minecraft-pocket-edition-0-9-0-coming-july-10th/

Minecraft Pocket Edition updated.
Code: [Select]
Infinite worlds!
Caves!
Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
A brand-new “interaction” button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added.
This is a pretty big deal, this essentially makes Pocket Edition a lot more closer to PC thanks to Infinite worlds and everything that was included from PC generation and all. Infinite Worlds and Caves are the biggest updates in my opinion, same as for the mineshafts and "places to explore".
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:17:06 AM by LeetZero »

i been workings on my home in Aquelonde

lovey.

There any way you could add a bit more detail to the surface of the tower?

lovey.

There any way you could add a bit more detail to the surface of the tower?

ya, i tried giving it a little pattern, and a flag ^^

here's a pic of one of Aquelonde's river streams

and here's a pic of the village underneath the tower (still workings on it)

If you're not against it, I'd suggest using Forge Multipart or whatever that thing is that adds smaller details. That way you can retain the feel of a stone tower but add that depth a cloth flag would have as it hung down the side.

Looks cool otherwise.

are you using a shader mod or something?
cause those pics look amazing

If you're not against it, I'd suggest using Forge Multipart or whatever that thing is that adds smaller details. That way you can retain the feel of a stone tower but add that depth a cloth flag would have as it hung down the side.

Looks cool otherwise.

thanks, i'll look into it

also directing to everyone: if i were to saaay host an administrated, public mc server, what plugins would you like to see in it

thanks, i'll look into it

also directing to everyone: if i were to saaay host an administrated, public mc server, what plugins would you like to see in it
Factions, economy, stuff like that.

there was this one obstacle course map that I remember a certain youtuber playing. it had this type of game where you guided water down this sort of glowstone plinko, and that there were chests and furnaces tucked into the ground and the youtuber had to find it in the ground and use its components through each puzzle.

can you help me find this youtuber or his video?

1.7.10 is out and still no name changes

there was this one obstacle course map that I remember a certain youtuber playing. it had this type of game where you guided water down this sort of glowstone plinko, and that there were chests and furnaces tucked into the ground and the youtuber had to find it in the ground and use its components through each puzzle.

can you help me find this youtuber or his video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8uzXXq_QlA ?

So, I was getting massive tick rate lag on my Agrarian Skies playthrough, and of course this was concerning since one false move can be your last. I decided to look online for help, and someone mentioned that item ducts can have really bad logic and get really weirdly backstuffed with items....this is what I found (from my support post).....

Quote from: FTB Support link=http://support.feed-the-beast.com/questions/14066/agrarian-skies-becomes-increasingly-unplayable
Holy Mary mother of Christ I think I found the issue. I found this when I hammered one of the item ducts leading to a crucible hopper.

http://i.imgur.com/1CgBYb3.png

All of those little lines? Those are all STACKS of cobblestone. That's well over a HUNDRED THOUSAND STACKS of cobblestone that managed to get backed up there. Look around for any errant item ducts that are doing waayyy more than they should be. It's a half hour later and I'm still sitting here waiting for them to despawn.

does anyone have a minecraft.jar with the shaders mod already installed because i'm a failure at installing that

does anyone have a minecraft.jar with the shaders mod already installed because i'm a failure at installing that

illegal

That's not how it works...
You install forge, then add the shader mod to the mods folder.