Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5848741 times)

Getting ready to do some science!  Mostly involving explosives.

nice cloud

edit:
whats tekkit
I mean ik what it is but what does it do
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:50:00 PM by Lego lad »

nice cloud

edit:
whats tekkit

Well you see.... Its all about thermal expansion, equiviance exchange, redpower?, balkon's weaponry?, thaumcraft? and other stuff I forgot since I havent played tekkit in years so I dont even remember the mods in it :I

Speaking of tekkit and stuff, someone needs to host a modpack server naao.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:37:32 PM by Xillogean »

nice cloud

edit:
whats tekkit

Tekkit specifically is basically a launcher for all the modpacks from the official site you have downloaded.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:35:41 AM by Zack »

Tekkit specifically is basically a launcher for all the modpacks from the official site you have downloaded.

You're talking about the Technic Launcher, which has tekkit in it. Tekkit is a modpack.

You're talking about the Technic Launcher, which has tekkit in it. Tekkit is a modpack.

stuff, got the names mixed up, sorry for the incorrect information.

tekkit it will be. Now, the last time I tried this I had allot of problems with permissionlove because it changed format or something. If anyone can explain it to me again, that would be great.

tekkit it will be. Now, the last time I tried this I had allot of problems with permissionlove because it changed format or something. If anyone can explain it to me again, that would be great.
are you referring to the newer tekkit or tekkit classic

are you referring to the newer tekkit or tekkit classic
The newer one.
I've played that much more and I proberly understand a bit of it back when I am going to play it back.
And spaaaaaaccceeeee

The newer one.
I've played that much more and I proberly understand a bit of it back when I am going to play it back.
And spaaaaaaccceeeee

Sweet, cant wait for the serv to be put up. I have a friend that might be able to help you with the permissionEx stuff. Unfortunately he logs in at random times so i cant get a firm grasp of when he will be on.

i kinda think the mods ruin minecraft. i dont like playing with it it kinda destroys the point of the game (find cool stuff underground and craft yourself a cozy house!). with mods the point is "destroy other peoples bases and make cool machines and computers!"

i kinda think the mods ruin minecraft. i dont like playing with it it kinda destroys the point of the game (find cool stuff underground and craft yourself a cozy house!). with mods the point is "destroy other peoples bases and make cool machines and computers!"
With mods the point becomes, usually, grind a bit until you have machines or whatever that makes life easy enough to build whatever the forget you want.

I personally like to explore mods outside of those industrialization/modernization mods. I think they are against the enjoyment of the game. Something like magic, weapons or additional dungeons, biomes or more crafting is acceptable, but things like Equivalent Exchange, IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft are just leading to a fake Creative and while pretty interesting to use, I feel no accomplishment doing anything with them and it feels more like cheating.

with mods the point is "destroy other peoples bases and make cool machines and computers!"

...and?