Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5837795 times)

I think I already told you guys about it, but I found this gem of a server that was basically an ancient civilization roleplay on an absolutely massive height map of Earth. The admins acted as Greek/Roman gods and goddesses and a lot of the better players founded civilizations across Europe and Africa.

I ended up starting a sort of alternate reality Roman style colony in New Zealand which the admin and most people were fine with. I actually was the colony of one of the north African nations, and as it started to gain more power I declared independence and co-formed a coalition with Israel, Britain, and I think Macedonia to try to show strength and unity against the other nation.

One of the other cool aspects was diamonds were not naturally generated and the nether was closed off, so besides a quartz mine just north of Rome, which was beautifully built I should add, there wasn't much in the way of actually mining your way to superiority. I mean you could find some iron pockets, but otherwise the roleplay kind of added to the theme that it was man power that ruled. You could however build an altar to one of the admin gods and "pray" whenever they were on for certain gifts, minor in nature usually. For instance I had no cows in New Zealand, only chickens naturally spawned there or something, so I ended up praying to I think Neptune for cows and he just gave me two spawn eggs.

I should add as a bit of a cliff note that the mods,  once a port and a period-themed trireme were built, could place a teleport sign to and back from major cities like Rome or London from your tiny nations. Kinda what made New Zealand ideal, not a lot of people went that way, but I could still get back if needed.

They ended it though. :C
that sounds amazing

that sounds amazing
It was. Actually just writing that makes me miss the experience. Went looking for the forum threads and I actually found the leader of Britannia, perhaps my greatest ally and a friend that I kinda of lost touch with after the server shut down. Just messaged him.

Found the forum threads:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/servers/pc-servers/survival-servers/693860-ancient-civilizations-mythology-fantasy-survival
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/servers/pc-servers/survival-servers/710970-ancient-civilizations-nations-applications?page=3

Also, this looks promising...
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/servers/pc-servers/survival-servers/2145356-ancient-civilizations-semi-roleplay-world-map
Started by one of the people who played on the aforementioned server. I'll look into it.

Edit: Found an old picture of my city, Nelson:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:31:56 PM by Oasis »

Oasis let us know if the one you're looking into is good please. It does look interesting.

I made a very large hole

note to self: tinker's construct + advanced genetics = more health than a cambodian hospital

that would be 10 ( red + yellow + green + blue + orange + purple ) + nine pink hearts.

note to self: tinker's construct + advanced genetics = more health than a cambodian hospital

that would be 10 ( red + yellow + green + blue + orange + purple ) + nine pink hearts.
Holy crap
I have both those mods in the modpack I'm using, how to do
It'd be nice to have more health than the average enderdragon

I wanna know why the forget anyone would switch to curse, kerbal space port switched from their beautiful fast website to this slow piece of stuff that wants you to pay for their dumb premium everywhere you go
Yeah, I'm pretty loving pissed that they made that move.

"get premium and get faster download speeds hurr durr"

69 hearts huehuehue

yay

i cant progress anymore in thaumcraft without a bunch of nether starts

loving seriously

yay

i cant progress anymore in thaumcraft without a bunch of nether starts

loving seriously
you could try drowning a bunch of withers

...yeah that might work

you could try drowning a bunch of withers

...yeah that might work

well that would be great if it didnt take 2 hours to grind enough wither skeleton skulls :U