Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5825112 times)

the windows 10 version..

it runs faster AND looks better.

i'm killing myself

the windows 10 version..

it runs faster AND looks better.

i'm killing myself

rip

Wait, so Minecraft is getting a standalone version of itself for Windows 10? What the forget? If there was something special about it maybe I'd be interested but from what I've seen it just looks like they just ported over the console version back on to the PC.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:06:20 PM by AtlasBlue »

Wait, so Minecraft is getting a standalone version of itself for Windows 10? What the forget? If there was something special about it maybe I'd be interested but from what I've seen it just looks like they just ported over the console version back on to the PC.
It's free to those that own it on PC already, so I mean, you could try it out... lol

It's free to those that own it on PC already, so I mean, you could try it out... lol
What would be the point? It's the same (possibly even downgraded because of less features) game I bought years ago at this point.

If I knew what was so different about it I'd be slightly interested.

What would be the point? It's the same (possibly even downgraded because of less features) game I bought years ago at this point.

If I knew what was so different about it I'd be slightly interested.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2953721/software-games/minecraft-windows-10-edition-beta-is-live-the-major-differences-you-need-to-know.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2953721/software-games/minecraft-windows-10-edition-beta-is-live-the-major-differences-you-need-to-know.html
Quote from: Article
Windows 10 Edition doesn’t support mods, Realms, multiplayer with the traditional PC version, or third-party servers
Quote from: Article
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition beta is basically a port of the mobile version of the game.

forget this game.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:30:13 PM by AtlasBlue »

forget this game.
It's basically a port, however it runs way better than its PC counterpart. I could see some great potential if Mojang cleaned it up a bit and brought over modding support.

It's basically a port, however it runs way better than its PC counterpart. I could see some great potential if Mojang cleaned it up a bit and brought over modding support.
Yeah, maybe they'll actually give us the fabled mod API.

I was pretty sure optifine was running on java too
if you're fine with MC + optifine together, how are you not fine with it running on java?
so many people say stuff about java without actually thinking about it
So many people say stuff about java, its one of the slowest programming languages and extremely un-optimized.
The window 10 version is C++ or Visual Studio, and it is extremely fast even on the slowest of devices.

This further just improves the point that the Java Version of Minecraft is poorly optimized, they would need to recode it from the ground up in java for it to work any machine like the Modern App version does.

if you're fine with MC + optifine, which is all java, then why not use it?
and java may be a bit slower, but it's not as slow as most people think

and MC being unoptimized on java is not java's fault

if you're fine with MC + optifine, which is all java, then why not use it?
and java may be a bit slower, but it's not as slow as most people think

and MC being unoptimized on java is not java's fault
Of course its not javas fault, I think its probably just old code or stuff that kept getting piled up and fixing that would probably break 10 other things an so on.

They probably could of fixed it by just making a new build of minecraft every huge milestone instead of just building on top of old code over and over again.

yo why is no one talking about the loving combat update snapshot that came out today

holy stuff

loving finally, combat was lacking.

Maybe now we can finally have torches with dynamic lighting in for once to go along with sword and torch in the future updates