Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5815552 times)

75 cents is written as $0.75, not 0,75
In some places commas are decimal points.

In some places commas are decimal points.

if you're using a non-standard form of notation for US things, and don't include units, expect nobody to know what you're talking about
without units things become unclear

if you're using a non-standard form of notation for US things, and don't include units, expect nobody to know what you're talking about
without units things become unclear
he said "paid"
its pretty bloody obvious to tell what he means
hes not going to pay in 0.75 dimes is he

he said "paid"
it wasn't obvious wether he was playing 0,75 americadollars or 0,75 euromonies

America land of the free, home of the "speak mother loving our way or shut the forget up" country.

ay espio can I have a spare account for my sister :^)

he said "paid"
the 0,75 made me think he was more European or other countries, and thus not using American currency
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark
some places use "," as a decimal mark, others, like the US, use "."

so no, I didn't expect him to mean 0.75 dimes, I expected maybe something like 0.75 pesos or whatever currency

the 0,75 made me think he was more European or other countries, and thus not using American currency
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark
some places use "," as a decimal mark, others, like the US, use "."

so no, I didn't expect him to mean 0.75 dimes, I expected maybe something like 0.75 pesos or whatever currency
where else will you spend your dirty pesos

Is there seriously a difference between 0.75 and 0,75?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:24:44 AM by espio100 »

Is there seriously a difference between 0.75 and 0,75?
Especially between European and American notation this can be a huge problem actually.

Either way, you guys have seen the shields in the latest snapshot?
I think it is great they added shields and removed blocking from swords.
The shields look great since you can add a pattern from a banner on it.
Also very useful in PvP multiplayer servers since then you can have clans or something alike unite under a specific banner and have it visible on the players themselves.
I am excited for what more the combat update will bring, so far they are doing a pretty good job i think.

America wants to be different than the rest once again.
In a bad way. Why not dump their stuffty measurement system and use that from the rest of the world. Seriously.
I mean, this is an image of who uses the imperial system.

Just change already, Arg! I get frustrated over this more than I should.

I'm fairly sure using the comma is just something handicapped countries do

Especially between European and American notation this can be a huge problem actually.

Either way, you guys have seen the shields in the latest snapshot?
I think it is great they added shields and removed blocking from swords.
The shields look great since you can add a pattern from a banner on it.
Also very useful in PvP multiplayer servers since then you can have clans or something alike unite under a specific banner and have it visible on the players themselves.
I am excited for what more the combat update will bring, so far they are doing a pretty good job i think.
yeah dual wielding is something we have needed for the longest time
one thing I want though is more modpacks updated to 1.8, the ones I've seen are stuck at 1.7 and I hope it doesn't happen with 1.9
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:53:25 AM by Maxwell. »

America wants to be different than the rest once again.
In a bad way. Why not dump their stuffty measurement system and use that from the rest of the world. Seriously.
I mean, this is an image of who uses the imperial system.

Just change already, Arg! I get frustrated over this more than I should.
I agree with you so much right now, I loving hate the imperial system, I wish we used kilometers here, but switching to metric is an optional state thing, I think the US should force the switch to metric one of these days.

I agree with you so much right now, I loving hate the imperial system, I wish we used kilometers here, but switching to metric is an optional state thing, I think the US should force the switch to metric one of these days.
imperial and metric are used alongside each other all the time. most schools in the US teach metric and use it most of the time as an accurate way to measure things. imperial remains mostly because the older generations used it and its still incredibly commonplace.