Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5809112 times)

This was a small town thing me, Office and Kyro built on a server Cappytaino hosted a while back.

really cool, i like the fountain and the tower

Anyone host servers? It'd be fun to cooperate on a village, castle together.

i kinda just want to get a bunch of forumers on a random public factions server and start dominating everyone else

i kinda just want to get a bunch of forumers on a random public factions server and start dominating everyone else
this happened once. but no one knew how to make a proper base and it was raided a bunch

this happened once. but no one knew how to make a proper base and it was raided a bunch

y is everyone dum

Man this bug with FTB/Technic Launcher is pissing me off and i can't play any of the packs i want to.

what is the bug?
which packs does it affect? (is mindcrack still fine, the 1.4.7 version one)

Man this bug with FTB/Technic Launcher is pissing me off and i can't play any of the packs i want to.
is it that bug where the pack shuts down right as it's about to start?
if so, waiting usually fixes it for some reason
if you really want to play it right then and there, back up your saves and reinstalling the pack usually makes it work

No the menu background is compressed into the corner and the rest of the screen is pure black or white

I'm up for hosting a 1.8 server, I've gotten spigot working with all the plugins I need. What type of server would you guys like? Here's the options:
- PVE / No-Grief Survival
- Factions (I very rarely play factions, so idk if this is a good option for me to host)
- Creative Plots

New snapshot!
The main features added in 15w34a:
-There are now more types of Command Block.
-There is a new Attack Strength mechanic. It manifests as a meter when drawing a weapon or tool; as the meter fills, attacks do more damage. The meter is reset after attacking. (Note: that may not be how the mechanic actually works. I haven't played with it yet.)
-Zombies and their kin now only raise their arms when aggravated, similar to how skeletons draw their bow.
-Giants have no model, turning them into ghosts. Spooky!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:06:39 AM by WaterOre »

-Giants have no model, turning them into ghosts. Spooky!
This could very well mean that Giants could be making a comeback. Or I'm just being hopeful and they're actually getting removed.

Really hoping for option A here.

sounds a lot like option B
remember those glowing chests from alpha(?)?
the ones that you had to go online to buy a key to unlock?

they were left in the code for ages, unused like the giants, and then finally removed