Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5716994 times)

Shockbyte
Tyvm
Dat stuff cheap af

EDIT: Server name ideas?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:39:34 AM by espio100 »

stufflord is already running one, but if his goes down, I'd play on yours

well shoot, I didn't even see his, alright then.

I'm planning on making a trident or tekkit server and opening it to the forums. It's our whole, "Rise of Nations" server in which we pick a nation and use its culture to influence our builds.

What GPU?
nvidia geforce gtx 960m

and now we get to see a huge wall of images twice

even if they are nice images

and which mod is that?
a shader mod that my friend helped me install, along with optifine

well shoot, I didn't even see his, alright then.
I was going to say something about him hosting one
but at this rate, by tomorrow he won't be hosting it

seems like he goes through server worlds/modpacks like diapers

a shader mod that my friend helped me install, along with optifine
do you know which? and at a playable framerate too?
although with that kind of graphics card it should be fine for playing

do you know which? and at a playable framerate too?
although with that kind of graphics card it should be fine for playing
Well first he sent me this .jar file which is used to help install the shader mod. However I cant seem to send the link for it on here because BLF treats it as a referral link.

Then I had to download this, the actual shader mod: http://sonicether.com/shaders/download/v10.1/standard/

Next I had to roll back my game to 1.8 instead of 1.8.8 because it only works on 1.8.

Then I got and installed OptiFine: http://optifine.net/adloadx?f=OptiFine_1.8.0_HD_U_D1.jar

Then next, for the shader to work, I had to create a folder in my Minecraft directory (in %appdata$) called "shaderpacks", and then put the actual shader mod file in there (as the .zip file)

Once that was done, the game was rolled back to 1.8, and Opti-Fine was installed, I then had to run the original shader mod .jar file, which let me then select either the shader mod or OptiFine to run with. I selected OptiFine. Then it did stuff and then I launched Minecraft, and had to select the new player profile created by the game (doing that lets you play with the shaders, but the game will treat you as running on your regular profile too; its kinda hard to explain). I selected the 1.8 Shaders Mod profile rather than OptiFine.

The game ran with the shaders on from there, and with OptiFine enabled at the same time I was able to tweak some other settings so that I would get better FPS.

I run on about 50 FPS at render distance 9 right now with the shaders on, so yeah. The best tweaks I did was enabling using the old shader thing in the shader option tab in-game.

-Nobody joined so I shut it down.-
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:28:54 PM by Tlp300² »

I gotta test stuff on my server
send a PM for IP. Also you require voltz.

EDIT: Still need server name Mizucraft?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:13:58 PM by espio100 »

More minecraft loveyshots

ugh i hate seeing the boxy clouds next to real ones

I hate to crush your innocence but Herobrine isn't even the slightest bit real, it's something invented by players to write terrible creepypastas about

It was a mob or an optical illusion; something was standing under a tree because it didn't want to burn (as phlack said, skeletons will take cover in the smallest bit of shade and stay there to avoid the sun) or was idle because it didn't notice you (at a certain distance mobs stop moving, and even inside that range they can happen to stand relatively still), or certain graphics lined up just the right way to appear as something strange from a distance
I don't really believe in the Herobrine Fanbase stuff. But the thing is, on the world i play on, i change my difficulty to peaceful from time to time. I'm not sure if i was on easy, but i think it is a possible illusion.

I don't really believe in the Herobrine Fanbase stuff. But the thing is, on the world i play on, i change my difficulty to peaceful from time to time. I'm not sure if i was on easy, but i think it is a possible illusion.

It's not a question of belief, there's simply no code for herobrine to exist in the first place. Computer programs do only what they're specifically told.

Why is it that literally everyone is now hosting servers at the same time

Is there any sort of disadvantage when using a Forge server versus Vanilla Minecraft server? I'm planning on hosting for my friends, and I want to know if I should be concerned. I already know they don't need a client.

Is there any sort of disadvantage when using a Forge server versus Vanilla Minecraft server? I'm planning on hosting for my friends, and I want to know if I should be concerned. I already know they don't need a client.
There's almost no advantage to using forge if it's going to be vanilla. If you want stuff like performance improvements and plugins then use something like bukkit, spigot, or even project rainbow.