Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5717206 times)

Sitris and Jaxx's argument reminds me of old 1700-1800 disputes.
If you've ever read the book "The importance of being Earnest" Then you'll know what I mean.

The game itself is still fun to an extent. I hate playing singleplayer though. If you must play this game, play it with friends.
The idea of being alone in your world just kills me.

have you tried using a pre-fab modpack to see if it's just bad installation on your part, or if your computer itself can't handle it

this is the crash report

it does that to every mods except optifine

EDIT: welp... i should reinstall the game from scratch
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:53:56 PM by 77x5ghost2 »

I will only play this game in multiplayer

the last time I even touched SSP was a year ago

...Since it was never answered, does anyone know a good minigames server, or at least a good multiplayer server in general to go on?

The people at oasis smp seem nice

There's also hankyje's server

a good multiplayer server in general to go on?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Also, why is there such a deficiency for mods in 1.8/.1? Minecraft alone is dreadful, and I lost progress on a stuffty multiplayer survival server where hacking is allowed

...Since it was never answered, does anyone know a good minigames server, or at least a good multiplayer server in general to go on?
I could host again, people liked my server when I was hosting

anyone recommend any good minimap mods? i keep finding bullstuff clickbait links that keep the mods archived saying that they're updated yet they aren't.

anyone recommend any good minimap mods? i keep finding bullstuff clickbait links that keep the mods archived saying that they're updated yet they aren't.
Rei's.

Rei's.
or journeymap
or mapwriter
i prefer mapwriter, personally.

or journeymap
or mapwriter
i prefer mapwriter, personally.
for 1.8.1 i mean

Has forge been updated to 1.8.1 yet? why do people even have to make new mods for each version?

Has forge been updated to 1.8.1 yet? why do people even have to make new mods for each version?
every update the code gets jumbled, different code could be in a different .class file etc

why do people even have to make new mods for each version?
the game compiles slightly differently when a lot of things are changed and the mods basically have to recompile, and possibly rework, to function with the changes

i'm p sure that's the reason or at least one reason at least sorta

this is why a modding api helps; it means that mod makers don't have to worry about the game compiling differently because they can just use the same hooks and tricks so long as the api supports them

seriously gang i wanna play minecraft with someone ._.