Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5784987 times)

what's that mod in the top right corner all about

evreything in that picture is http://adventofascension.gamepedia.com/Advent_of_Ascension_Wiki
its a large mod

Are things at least somewhat intuitive or is it another one of those "spend 2 hours reading the wiki to figure out how to do something" mods?

Are things at least somewhat intuitive or is it another one of those "spend 2 hours reading the wiki to figure out how to do something" mods?
its about the content of the mod

It's one of those mods. FTB Departed does a decently good job of getting you started.

I don't really like it because of how powerful everything is. "Early game hell" doesn't even come close to describing it.

It's one of those mods.

I really hate that that seems to be the standard

I wish there were more mods that could be learned just by richarding around with stuff for a while, kind of like buildcraft.

I wish there were more mods that could be learned just by richarding around with stuff for a while, kind of like buildcraft.
Botania, Thaumcraft, and Immersive Engineering are kinda like that, and they're all pretty fun mods. I'm not sure if they count, though, considering that all three of them have in-game guide books.

if anyones free to do some hosting for a old minecraft server ( alpha v1.0.17_04 ) i wold apreciate since i cant portforward my ports
===================
heres the link for the server jars for windows mac os x any distros of linux and possibly solaris: http://justfilehosting.space/download.php?f=ztfgd
===================
dont forget you need to set online-mode to false because the old launcher cant access the authentication site so you have to use the cracked version of the old minecraft launcher which is provided in the link

once you are done with that, set your IP address to whatever it is in the server.properties config file and port then your good to go... i always wanted a alpha server on but most of them are just plain.. v1.2.6's
which has no bright green grass i always liked

pl dont ban for piracy its only the server jars and executable
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:05:41 AM by Mac Workin »

Just a reminder. I'm currently hosting a vanilla server, and I am looking for people to help moderate and such. Please PM me if you are interested.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:43:26 AM by Jorgur »

This problem doesn't even just apply to mods. Barring the mobile versions, most people typically have to look up the basic crafting recipes for the vanilla game as well. It's just an overall minecraft problem. It would help a lot if the vanilla game had something like NEI's recipe helper in it, but that still leaves to issue when people don't actually know what they're looking for.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:26:25 AM by Pecon »

I haven't modded my game at all lol.
I have another profile that has forge on it and like one mod that I use for recording timelapses n stuff.

Snip
im not sure what you mean by cracked launcher but piracy is bannable
also doesn't the new launcher allow for the use of older versions?