Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49760 times)

hey badspot i have vista! can you make a tutorial for people who have vista!
To my knowledge, having Vista wouldn't really change the way you port forward.

yes, vista is the newest kind. also the knowledge you know sux

I've followed a few tutorials and got help of a few people and I still cant host games. My servers always dead. I really don't please explain as I am a poor orphan boy with no family.

I know same my server is always dead i check the router and everthing.

I have Windows Vista. I cant find network and dial up connections but i found network and sharing center what do i click from there?

i have a problem as well i have a wireles network coneccion

I need help:

I don't have any of those routers, I have some router that Verizon gave my house. When I try to log in with most of the default passwords, it doesn't work. I'm also on Vista, and it's a lot harder to find the right places to go.

my server is still ded!!!

I have Netgear but the normal passwords doesn't have it for my number thing. Its WNR834M. Could you help??

My mom keeps complaining if i foward ports some hackers will get into our bank... and i dont belive her but i really dont know how to foward my ports right. (i get stuck on the last step finding my ip adress and in the console it says one but when i put it in the properties thing it says it isnt right)

Your one to talk, your knowledge apparently can't figure out how to port forward on Vista.

Port forwarding on Vista is the same exact thing as Windows XP port forwarding. NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

Ports are a part of networking. There is no XP networking. There is no Vista networking. There is no Mac networking. However there is a common networking for every god damn computer. (Unless it's old enough that it can't?)

Your one to talk, your knowledge apparently can't figure out how to port forward on Vista.

Port forwarding on Vista is the same exact thing as Windows XP port forwarding. NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL.
Fail bold and underline is fail.

Also, there is no difference, but on Vista, as far as I know, they hide the network options more. It could just be me, but I couldn't find them for a couple of minutes.

If I were to call my ISP, could/would they do it for me?

Now i have my computer Port forwarded and its set up like Badspots guide (and it works fine) but i need to add my brothers computer so he can play. How can i have more than one thats forwarded? And, i do have a default static IP adress on this computer if it matters.

Says "authorization needed" when i type in the IP. How do i get authorized?

Umm..... i got my ip address type in the supposed pass and user in the box and click ok and it just takes me Back to the same box :( help?   :panda: