Author Topic: THE END OF THE WORLD  (Read 11285 times)

Most of the rest of you get the award for
"Group of people to falsely think that E-maxx is a standard for what other Christians believe and act like"
"Most Hypocritical/Uninformed Group"
"Group Most Likely to not care whether E-maxx is a true representation of a belief or not and use his pathetic example to bash all Christians" and
"Group of people most likely to use false stereotypes as their straw man"
You've also gained acceptance into the "Debate Is Already Over Club, let's say we have evidence without showing any and walk away".

Congrats!

Do you really want to start this? I've seen your "evidence" of Christianity being true in another thread, and all it was was a load of stuff. You're an arrogant friend, and you prove this often. Get out.

EDIT:
IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.
gah, look at this.
1000x60x60x24x365x4.5 billion
that goes from milliseconds to the age of the universe. the answer is how many chances we've had to end the world. if it didn't end any of those times, why should it start ending in 2012?

The age of the universe is actually almost thirteen billion years. Four and a half billion is just the age of the Earth.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:02:15 PM by Inv3rted »

Do you really want to start this? I've seen your "evidence" of Christianity being true in another thread, and all it was was a load of stuff. You're an arrogant friend, and you prove this often. Get out.

EDIT:
The age of the universe is actually almost thirteen billion years. Four and a half billion is just the age of the Earth.

I thought it started a long time ago.  I was just providing my two cents.

I love your irrelevant ad hominem attacks, those definitely help to prove your point.

I also love your statement of known, impossible to prove conjecture as pure fact.  How unoriginal.

I've seen so many of your kind, the raging, "I'm right because I'm right" atheist, there's nothing new you can throw at me.  Have fun trying, though.

i know, i made a mistake.

I think that I am god. How do I know? I'll tell you. As a young child I was sitting in my room and praying, and I realized: I'm talking to myself.

I've seen so many of your kind, the raging, "I'm right because I'm right" atheist, there's nothing new you can throw at me.  Have fun trying, though.

And I love your typical Christian attitude of "nothing has enough evidence for me so therefore you're wrong". You arrogance seeps through in everything you say, and I bet you won't be so smug after you die. You won't exist, after all.

its in the bible so it WILL happen AHHHHH!H!H!H!H!HH!H!

because the bible is TOTALLY the truth.

listen, dipstuff, live life and enjoy until you DO die.

The bible is a book that was wrote by a drunken afro-american back when jews ruled the world.
I love you for that...

And I love your typical Christian attitude of "nothing has enough evidence for me so therefore you're wrong". You arrogance seeps through in everything you say, and I bet you won't be so smug after you die. You won't exist, after all.

I think it's pretty logical that if something doesn't have any evidence it shouldn't be considered a fact.

And please continue with the ad hominem attacks.  They aren't showing any kind of weakness in your argument or anything.  :)

I still laugh at all the people who think that because this e-maxx guy says that 2012 apocalypse is in the Bible means that it's really in the Bible.  It's not.  In fact, it says no one will ever know when the last day will come.

they`re WILL be an end of the world, but in 5 billion years!

Are you really saying there is no evidence for evolution, the big bang, and pretty much everything else Science has presented to us that contradicts the bible? And are you really saying that there is overwhelming evidence for what the bible says and so it should be accepted as fact? If so, ignorance will bite you in the ass in the end.

Are you really saying there is no evidence for evolution, the big bang, and pretty much everything else Science has presented to us that contradicts the bible? And are you really saying that there is overwhelming evidence for what the bible says and so it should be accepted as fact? If so, ignorance will bite you in the ass in the end.

<3

Are you really saying there is no evidence for evolution, the big bang, and pretty much everything else Science has presented to us that contradicts the bible?

I'd you to give me one example of evidence for any of those listed, with source.

And please don't try the "here's a fossil, IT MUST BE 8 BILLION YEARS OLD" tactic for providing "evidence".  The "8 billion years" is the interpretation, not the evidence.

I'd you to give me one example of evidence for any of those listed, with source.

And please don't try the "here's a fossil, IT MUST BE 8 BILLION YEARS OLD" tactic for providing "evidence".  The "8 billion years" is the interpretation, not the evidence.
There is a such thing as carbon dating.

There is no real evidence to support anything science has stated about the beginning of the universe and evolution any more than the bible has. It's all speculation and best guesses until we invent a time machine and find it out.
There is a such thing as carbon dating.
Yes, and it's a flawed means of identifying things on a temporal scale. Sadly it's all we've got.

There is no real evidence to support anything science has stated about the beginning of the universe and evolution any more than the bible has. It's all speculation and best guesses until we invent a time machine and find it out.Yes, and it's a flawed means of identifying things on a temporal scale. Sadly it's all we've got.

This website cites its own sources, so click them.
http://www.umich.edu/~gs265/bigbang.htm

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/richard_carrier/bigbangredux.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background_radiation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

http://records.viu.ca/~johnstoi/essays/courtenay1.htm

I can find much more, but I'm short on time at the moment.