Author Topic: V14 Clarification  (Read 33786 times)

Why do I see populated servers(10 or more players) yet I can't join them, that also have --- ping?

I'm fairly certain that the particle glitch happens when someone disconnects, i just tried this and Destructo Wand and brick particle disappeared until i died

That leads me to wonder if the trigger to the glitch is that it doesn't distinguish between a client disconnecting from you, and you disconnecting from the server.

I wonder if instant re-spawn would get rid of the glitch.

Badspot

• Administrator
Yes, i've done it the original way before, but i just wanted to try the UPnP way of doing it seeing if it'd work or not

Other manual port forwarding settings may cause a conflict.

Other manual port forwarding settings may cause a conflict.
Well my router has UPnP on and manual port forwarding with no problems. Everyone so far managed to join me.

Well my router has UPnP on and manual port forwarding with no problems. Everyone so far managed to join me.
You may have port forwarded properly.

I have the same thing. I portforward to one computer, but when I host on a second computer, it seems that people is able join me with no problem.

Have you noticed how the previous two flames over the Mac were made of fail?

Anyways, this must be answered!
Why do I see populated servers(10 or more players) yet I can't join them, that also have --- ping?

Will forwarding your ports lower the servers lag?

Will forwarding your ports lower the servers lag?
Blockland forwards them for you, so I don't see how it would.

A: Have UPnP enabled on your router.  There is often a simple radio button for this on your router configuration page.

-OR-

B: Have a router that does not randomize UDP origin ports.

If you do not have UPnP your server's ping will show up as "---".  In this case if your router is non-randomizing your server will still be join-able.
For some reason, I can't host any more. In good ol' v13, I could easily host. Now, even though I have UPnP enabled, no one can join. It just repeats sending four punch packets over and over. In the ded server command prompt, it says "No matches".
My router obviously randomizes UDP ports, as it still isn't join-able with the "---" ping.
blockland works better on a mac than windows IDIOTS
Idiot.