Poll

Which?

Jet plane
69 (55.2%)
Dragon
56 (44.8%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Author Topic: jet plane VS dragon  (Read 48376 times)

Sure dragons are manuverable and they might be able to dodge heat seekers.

But a computerized missle givin a target will keep altering course to strike a dragon.

How long can a dragon keep this up?

Can it dodge a swarm of computer missles?

And can dragon skin really honestly withstand the force of a 50. caliber round?

There are too many myths surrounding dragons for this to be fair.
"THIS ONE HAS MASS KNOWLEDGE"
"THIS ONE HAS HIDE OF STEEL"
"THIS ONE CAN SHOOT BARBS FROM ITS EARS"

We've nullified heat seeking missles. Why?

Cold-blooded lizard.
Cold-blooded just means it needs to find an outside source to heat its blood. It's blood would still be warm, it just wouldn't be heat produced from its own body, right?

dragon is winning beeshiz

No, because it's gmod.

1 - The AIM-9 Sidewinder is a heat-seeking, short-range, air-to-air missile carried mostly by fighter aircraft

2 - A dragon will not be able to act in time. Sidewinders travel at speeds faster than Mach 2. It would not even be able to hear it coming.

3 - It wouldn't get close enough, dear god you people. This isn't 1945 anymore, dogfights happen over miles of sky nowadays.

1 - Cold blooded, and confusing fire breath. The rocket would be better off non heat seeking and shot LOS.

2 - If the dragon chances directions all the time, the rocket would miss all the time. Really depends on your opinion on a dragon, since it is a myth.

3 - Once out of rockets it would have to get closer.

Also, how much rockets are we talking about. So far you guys are tring to say a single rocket will kill it.
Cold-blooded just means it needs to find an outside source to heat its blood. It's blood would still be warm, it just wouldn't be heat produced from its own body, right?

A little colder then normal though.

Vote for some more plane!

or reconsider your vote.

the pole has 4 options.

hurr

also, I doubt the government would even deice to fund an awesome jet, let alone have the resources to make one.
suppose the dragon attacked after a huge war

whatamireading.png

also, I doubt the government would even deice to fund an awesome jet, let alone have the resources to make one.

suppose the dragon attacked after a huge war
No. We are not adding any extra conditions.

Vote for some more plane!

or reconsider your vote.

the pole has 4 options.
Don't force their hand, Dragons are winning for a good reason.

No. We are not adding any extra conditions.
i think they would somehow try to capture it and make their own dragon with the cloning machine

i think they would somehow try to capture it and make their own dragon with the cloning machine
That's how sick this world is, right now.

Radar or passive IR guidance would almost gaurentee a hit on any stupid dragon. And a few thousand pound dragon wouldn't be able to just stop and turn around on a dime, the laws of physics still play a roll here.
Also it doesn't really matter if it could anyway, we have missiles capable of hitting other missiles at a combined speed of mach 10.
And a missile packing a shaped charge would just rip through the dragons scales and blow its guts out the other side.

Dragon loses.

And woah, 20 new posts in the time I posted this. :o

1 - Cold blooded, and confusing fire breath. The rocket would be better off non heat seeking and shot LOS.
Fine. We are now using radar-guided missiles. Dragons are in no way stealthy.

2 - If the dragon chances directions all the time, the rocket would miss all the time. Really depends on your opinion on a dragon, since it is a myth.
If that was true, no fighter would ever be destroyed.

3 - Once out of rockets it would have to get closer.
True. If by some horrible chance of fate, the missiles just fall off the rack, the plane will have to get within a few kilometers. Dragons are not made of elastic.

Also, how much rockets are we talking about. So far you guys are tring to say a single rocket will kill it.
A little colder then normal though.
For the F-15:
Hardpoints: four wing, four fuselage, two wing stations, centerline station, optional fuselage pylons with a capacity of 16,000 lb (7,300 kg)

Don't force their hand, Dragons are winning for a good reason. because nobody knows richard about aerial engagements of the 21st century.
Don't get me wrong, if this was a dragon vs. a F6F Hellcat, my money's on the dragon. But in this day and age, fighters are incredibly fast and have a much longer range.

Vote for some more dragon!

Or reconsider your vote.

The poll has 4 options.