Poll

Which?

Jet plane
69 (55.2%)
Dragon
56 (44.8%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Author Topic: jet plane VS dragon  (Read 48397 times)

So dragons just hover magically too in your case?  It can just dodge cannon fire going at insanely high speeds? It has the intelligence to use its breath to missiles?

i think they would somehow try to capture it and make their own dragon with the cloning machine

That's how sick this world is, right now.

Sad really..

So dragons just hover magically too in your case?  It can just dodge cannon fire going at insanely high speeds? It has the intelligence to use its breath to missiles?
they hover with their huge wings

It has the intelligence to use its breath to missiles?
Assuming it is one of the massively intelligent ones, yes. But intelligence != reaction time. When a missile is coming at you at mach 2.5, you have little to no time to react.

Ever think what the altitude of the fight might be?

Dragons are limited in high altitudes.

Ever think what the altitude of the fight might be?

Dragons are limited in high altitudes.

Was this considered yet?

Also, what terrain are they fighting over?

1 - Fine. We are now using radar-guided missiles. Dragons are in no way stealthy.

2 - If that was true, no fighter would ever be destroyed.

3 - True. If by some horrible chance of fate, the missiles just fall off the rack, the plane will have to get within a few kilometers. Dragons are not made of elastic.

For the F-15: 11

1 - This is where I fear for the dragon, he'd have to dodge a few and hope his armour could take one or two.

2 - However, the dragon is more maneuverable, by no means I said everyone will be dodged, but more then the normal fighter jet could dodge.

3 - He'd have to dodge a few and hope his armour could take one or two, dodge the rest and fly toward the plane, and a sharp turn to the right would send the tail into the path of the jet.

4 - 11, 11 max. Could depend on how hold the dragon is. What do you mean older? Lizards, they never stop growing, since dragons 'can' live forever some can get pretty big.

Don't get me wrong, if this was a dragon vs. a F6F Hellcat, my money's on the dragon. But in this day and age, fighters are incredibly fast and have a much longer range.
Depends on the age of dragon also.
Assuming it is one of the massively intelligent ones, yes. But intelligence != reaction time. When a missile is coming at you at mach 2.5, you have little to no time to react.
Considering the arugment of distance, and the dragons keen sences, the dragon has a good chance.

osht tie.

Also, you people are assuming that a dragon would just shrug off a missile with no damage whatsoever. When one missile hits, there will be damage. And probably chunks blown off.

Also, you people are assuming that a dragon would just shrug off a missile with no damage whatsoever. When one missile hits, there will be damage. And probably chunks blown off.
dragons can survive with blood loss/lost limb

Was this considered yet?

Also, what terrain are they fighting over?

In the mountains, like in them, not above them. A dragon would win everytime. Above, its up for debate.

Generally, the durability of a dragon can be fought over. I believe that their will be damage, but not serious injury.

One hit from the dragon, and the plane most likely loses the ability to fly

Generally, the durability of a dragon can be fought over. I believe that their will be damage, but not serious injury.

Derp.

If a rocket makes a hit, then the intense heat and explosive chemicals will melt a good portion of the dragon.

Dragons might be able to survive blood loss but if it were in hi altitude the dragon would not last long.

Not enough oxygen in the blood stream for the dragon.

If a rocket makes a hit, then the intense heat and explosive chemicals will melt a good portion of the dragon.

Dragons might be able to survive blood loss but if it were in hi altitude the dragon would not last long.

Not enough oxygen in the blood stream for the dragon.
a high enough altitude will make the pilots head explode

However, seeing how most dragons breathe fire, wouldn't they already have a natural resistance to fire?

a high enough altitude will make the pilots head explode
Ha ha.