Poll

Which?

Jet plane
69 (55.2%)
Dragon
56 (44.8%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Author Topic: jet plane VS dragon  (Read 48405 times)

However, seeing how most dragons breathe fire, wouldn't they already have a natural resistance to fire?
I don't think dragons set them self on fire on a regular basis.

However, seeing how most dragons breathe fire, wouldn't they already have a natural resistance to fire?
resistance to fire damage 100%
resistance to frost damage 100%
resistance to normal weapons 75%
weakness to magic 98%

a high enough altitude will make the pilots head explode
Jet planes cabins are pressurized for the pilot.

Sure dragons might be fire resistant, in the mouth.

And the sheer force of the rocket would be enough to force a large chunk of a dragon.

<assuming its not an overpowered anime dragon.>

Derp.
I don't understand what you mean.

If a rocket makes a hit, then the intense heat and explosive chemicals will melt a good portion of the dragon.
This is true, however. One shot from a dragon is a dead fighter plane. You can't debate about that since the fighter planes armour is a fact. The durability of a dragon can be debated. Speaking of which.

How strong do you believe the armour of the dragon is?

I don't think dragons set them self on fire on a regular basis.
I believe if they can have it on the inside, while remaining cool, they can have it on the outside.

Does it mater how much pressurized?

Stop loving comparing god's pet with your little plate birds.

I believe if they can have it on the inside, while remaining cool, they can have it on the outside.
Oh okay so if I had stomache acid all over my body I should be perfectly fine.

Laughed hard.

But, seriously, I'd think dragons would have some kind of fire-proofing. It would make sense, right?

Of course, when fighting other dragons, their breath would've killed the other quickly.

But, seriously, I'd think dragons would have some kind of fire-proofing. It would make sense, right?
It would brutally make sense.

Good point their, However. From the dragon myths I read. The same scales on the inside that protect from fire are in layers on the outside.

Also, the mucusy thingy which protects from acid in your stomach, can be spread on your body.

One hit from the dragon, and the plane most likely loses the ability to fly
Implying the pilot is dumb enough to pass withing a few feet of the dragon.

Cats have claws, so they have a natural immunity to cutting? No. This isn't pokemon you dipstuff.

In the mountains, like in them, not above them. A dragon would win everytime. Above, its up for debate.
Last I checked, not a lot of dogfights happen in mountains. And above them it's not even up for debate. The dragon is literally sitting up there with its' pants down. It has zero chance of winning a high altitude engagement.

Generally, the durability of a dragon can be fought over. I believe that their will be damage, but not serious injury.
One hit from the plane, and the dragon most likely loses the ability to fly

Not all animals/things are vulnerable to their own weapons...

Cats have claws, so they have a natural immunity to cutting? No. This isn't pokemon you dipstuff.

Cutting isn't exactly the same as fire breath. Setting fire to oneself is much more lethal than giving yourself a scratch. I'm pretty sure dragons would have some kind of protection from that, don't you?