The Bug & MAS Mods (Server coming maybe)

Poll

What to focus on first?

Polish and mod completion (add special functionality to bugs and stuff that have been needing it)
Finish and release the MAS Magma Exo-suit
Finish the MAS Scarab-Wasp playertypes
Create more ASN (robotic) playertypes
Finish up and release the currently exsistant but unrelased bugs (the Tremormites, the two spiders, BugMod 3, ect)
Work on the remainder of the wasps
Work on new bugs!
Create more MAS weapons/suits/items/ect

Author Topic: The Bug & MAS Mods (Server coming maybe)  (Read 637796 times)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 03:06:30 PM by Bing2 »

zelwin's guns or londo weaponset

Will check those out too, thanks.

Look it up in add-ons, Leaks posted some stuff of his

Ah right, thanks

I'm sorry the server still hasn't happened yet, guys. Some stuff came up, and I've been rather busy with other projects on top of that. Along with that, I've kinda hit a minor snag in the build that I've been working on for the server, which has slowed things down a bit as well.

I still do hope to host, though! I'm aiming for the last week of this month, or the first week of next month.

I'm sorry the server still hasn't happened yet, guys. Some stuff came up, and I've been rather busy with other projects on top of that. Along with that, I've kinda hit a minor snag in the build that I've been working on for the server, which has slowed things down a bit as well.

I still do hope to host, though! I'm aiming for the last week of this month, or the first week of next month.
Can't believe I've never played this. Can't wait!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work on this all too much. I've been pretty busy and tired from my new job, and I'll be starting school again next week. I'm still hoping I can chip away at this, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to fit in a server. I might look into getting a dedicated server setup eventually, but that won't be for awhile.
I'm sorry that no servers have happened lately

Oh hi, i am still alive sort of.
I tested out some suggestions for weapons, here are my opinions:
H&K original set, or Blockombat may work. Maybe one of the leaked/released bushido weapon packs, like the Adventure pack
Blockombat and H&K are interesting and ever so slightly similar to T + T in how they feel and work. They also both offer a great selection of different weapons, ranging from pistols to rifles to light machine guns.
However, H&K's style is quite a bit more detailed and the names of the weapons reflect their IRL names (those who do not know what a L85A2 is and how it shoots, i feel you, i have no clue either).
Bushido's adventure pack offers a wide selection of guns but due to the wooden (or at least it looks like wood) bodies of the weapons they don't seem like weapons for soldiers, so not sure if they fit within a MAS server that well.
Bushido's Modern Warfare pack fits the style better in that respect, but offers a small selection of Weapons.
Crispy_'s edit of Khain's pack might work pretty well tbh
It has some neat weapons, but not much for like actual soldiers. The selection of weapons is nice for a general DM/TDM setting, but not sure if it is right for a MAS server.
zelwin's guns or londo weaponset
Londo's weaponset has some interesting weapons for special units (vibroblade for example) but overall, the style of the weapons clashes with the style of the MAS weapons a lot.
I don't like Zelwin's gun style to be honest. Just a personal opinion though. The amount of different weapons is low too, so overall i can't see this pack work out sadly.
EDIT:
Also checked out the Orange weapons.
While it offers a nice range of different weapons and weapon types (including explosives) in a decently fitting model style, the effects (like gun impact clouds) are more realistic-ish (see: Gravity Cat's weapons) which is not really my favorite. The effect style clashes with a lot of other different weapons, including the MAS weapons.
Aside of that, it also has realistic gun names, which people may or may not like. Personally, as said before, i do not.

A pack to keep your eyes out for:
Blocko-Armaments
But for the time being, i think the best choice would be the old school weapons with some single weapon add-ons like the classic shotgun and/or double-barreled shotgun and the such.
Either that or if you want something more closer to T+T, i suggest going with either Blockombat or Bushido's Modern WarBattles leaked pack.
Of those two packs Blockombat has more choice in guns, while Bushido still takes the style that is closest to the MAS weapons.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 05:55:43 AM by lordician »

Whoa, wasn't expecting a summery of the weapon packs, let alone such a large one!
Thank's Lordician! Nice to see you alive again also

I guess i got the zombie tag for a reason.
Anyway, i figured i might try to help a bit by giving my opinion.
Of course you know your server best but at least you got a bit more of an idea what to expect.

What do people not like about T+T anyway?
Personally, i still have no problems with it and it still is one of the most complete and diverse packs out there offering a ridiculous amount of different weapons and weapon types fit for basically everything you think of.
But i can understand people want something different, but i am wondering what we should look for in the replacement exactly.

I think people have just gotten tired of T+T, I guess :/
I know for me personally, the last update killed a few weapons (pepperbox was really fun and well-balanced in the Bugs VS MAS servers at one point), but overall it's still one of the best weapon packs ever imo

Well guys, I'm not quite sure what to do with these mods.
On one hand, I honestly do want to finish them and not let this die just yet, but on the other hand, I have more interesting projects (to me) that I am more motivated to sink time into.

I guess the main motivation-killer for me when it comes to the Bug and Mas mods is Blockland's current player count. I haven't been playing the game much or watching it too closely, but the impression I've been getting is that I most likely wouldn't get a good turnout of people joining servers if I were to host again.
Along with that, I'm just kinda sick of blockland's engine lol. I'd really like to do things like proper wall climbing for bugs and more advanced physics things, but that's not very possible in blockland.

I don't feel like it's time to "officially" end development of these mods yet, but I also don't think I'd be making too many more *new* aspects of the mods, either.
I at least want to release some of the unfinished things such as the exo-suit, but the mod is in a rather bad state at the moment (animations crashing people), and it's a bit stuck there since I'm not entirely sure what exactly it is with the animations that's causing the crashing.

I modified the spider bot if you want it, I gave it sounds and a new spit attack.

I'm also going to be changing their damage emitters.

proper wall climbing for bugs and more advanced physics things, but that's not very possible in blockland.

Look up adventure player.

I modified the spider bot if you want it, I gave it sounds and a new spit attack.

I'm also going to be changing their damage emitters.

Yea, thanks for sending me the edits. I'll have a look at them when I can

Look up adventure player.

I know it's technically possible, but it looks terrible for things like the spider. It basically has to look like how the minecraft spider climbs, which I honestly despise
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 09:58:52 AM by ArmyUnit »

I do have an idea at least for a ceiling spider.

The only way I think you can even do this is have invisible legs and have the spider upside down at specific heights.

drop everything you are doing and work on pill bug also give it a super roll up charge if you dont meet these standards barack obama WILL come to your house