Poll

When did you start playing?

2001, 2002
2003, 2004
2005, 2006
2007, 2008
2009, 2010

Author Topic: RuneScape - I'm not skilled enough to brush some dirt off this herb  (Read 704781 times)

lol oddly I'd like to rejoin to get some sweet nostalgia. Though I have a feeling I'll be disappointed.

I just realized, I voted 2009-2010 in the poll when I had actually started in 2007-2008. Oh well.

I would rejoin but I feel extremely depressed every time I play. I've realize that the reason i liked the game when I was so young was not because the game was actually good, it was because I made the game feel fun by using it as a tool to pretend. I never liked the game, I like using the game to play pretend, and now that I go back I can only focus on flaws that will never get fixed.

Just finished dropping 5mil worth of items for non members :D

Just finished dropping 5mil worth of items for non members :D

I did that once when I got to 2.5 mil. Too many people swarmed up to me and lagged me out :c

Someone asked me to post a picture of That lawsuit spam I got from Jagex, I got another one, so I'm posting it.

Open it and let us read it.
I would rejoin but I feel extremely depressed every time I play. I've realize that the reason i liked the game when I was so young was not because the game was actually good, it was because I made the game feel fun by using it as a tool to pretend. I never liked the game, I like using the game to play pretend, and now that I go back I can only focus on flaws that will never get fixed.
Well, it probably wouldn't be hard to get into it with friends.

I don't want to play the game because it makes me remember back when the game was all old. Nostalgia for something that basically destroyed it self is depressing to me.

Did you even open it?

I usually don't open spam, but here you go:

Apparently it's a phishing e-mail that tries to frighten you into entering your account information which will lead to it being hijacked. Jagex will only contact you through the message centre about these sorts of things. I must admit, it was well made, in my opinion. I nearly fell for it.

Yeah, I was reading it too and it almost convinced me. I checked my account just to make sure (Not through the link, obviously) What threw them off was the lawsuit thing, if they change the heading to something less severe then it would be almost flawless IMO.

"Economy?" Virtual gold can be inquired by simplying clicking and pushing a few buttons, meaning there's never just the same amount in circulation. There's economic aspects, but I see no actual economy.

Gold is sold by jagex in the form of spins, so now people are rich. I'm hoping that ESO will take place as my dominant MMO, since runescape slips deeper into microtransactions every time I think about playing the game.