Poll

Agree?

Yes
170 (53.1%)
No
150 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 235

Author Topic: People with numbers in their name are generally less mature.  (Read 16444 times)

So by that you are saying the people have to be new for this to apply to them? Again, make a topic about ID discrimination.
I'm saying that if call yourself "xXMASTERHALO12949" when you're 11, it would be wrong to judge you about it years later when you're more mature than that.

And I suppose it's not really just about numbers, obviously there are ways to use numbers that wouldn't give me this type of impression, like I stated in the OP. I guess it's more a general assessment of a name.

And why should I make a topic about ID discrimination?

I'm saying that if call yourself "xXMASTERHALO12949" when you're 11, it would be wrong to judge you about it years later when you're more mature than that. <--- True, but what do they feel when they read this topic? They are only eleven.

And I suppose it's not really just about numbers, obviously there are ways to use numbers that wouldn't give me this type of impression, like I stated in the OP. I guess it's more a general assessment of a name. <--- Yea! It about number formation!111!!!!!1!

And why should I make a topic about ID discrimination? <--- More like discriminating High IDs (sorry for my mistake), it's just because I know you won't do it because you have a high ID.
Answered.

Answered.
If you're 11, not that age is the main factor here, and you think a name like, "xXMASTERHALO12949", is a good idea, and you get seriously offended at a simple topic like this, you should wait a couple years before going on the internet.

What?

Regardless of what my ID is, why would I make a topic about ID discrimination, obviously in order for new people to join, there will always be people who are new, to help the community grow.

If you're 11, not that age is the main factor here, and you think a name like, "xXMASTERHALO12949", is a good idea, and you get seriously offended at a simple topic like this, you should wait a couple years before going on the internet.
I do agree they shouldn't be on the internet at a young age anyways, but then they will be offended when people ban them / comment on how their name has numbers in-game. As I mentioned, there is no point in reminding people of who the immature group is, you are just making it seem worse to have numbers in names.

What?

Regardless of what my ID is, why would I make a topic about ID discrimination, obviously in order for new people to join, there will always be people who are new, to help the community grow.
"There is nothing wrong with high IDs."? That's what you are trying to say?
My answer: "I miss the old days of Blockland, back in V8... The population was small, community was more civilized and servers were more organised. - How I miss the old days."

Of course the population needs to grow, but you can still make a topic about how they are generally less mature anyways?

you are just making it seem worse to have numbers in names.
Well, that was kinda the point, though it was more about uncreative spam-like names, because I actually said, that numbers can be okay, it's just when people choose to take a name that has been used so many times they have to add a multi-digit number to it then you might as well just call them by their number.

"There is nothing wrong with high IDs."? That's what you are trying to say?
My answer: "I miss the old days of Blockland, back in V8... The population was small, community was more civilized and servers were more organised. - How I miss the old days."
Yes, I am saying that having a high ID is inevitable (and thus there's nothing wrong with it), what people have the privilege so to call them selves "low ID" were at one time the newcomers. I'm not that old to Blockland, and I'm sure there was a time when you weren't.

I'm sure the 'old days' were great, though.

Uugh, time to resolve to asking questions.

Well, that was kinda the point, though it was more about uncreative spam-like names, because I actually said, that numbers can be okay, it's just when people choose to take a name that has been used so many times they have to add a multi-digit number to it then you might as well just call them by their number.
What exactly are you trying to acheive, a more agressive / hating community?

Yes, I am saying that having a high ID is inevitable (and thus there's nothing wrong with it), what people have the privilege so to call them selves "low ID" were at one time the newcomers. I'm not that old to Blockland, and I'm sure there was a time when you weren't.
It might be inevitable, but they are generally less mature anyways, agree?

Also, yeah... I was once a high ID, but I don't rub it in people's faces which I am sure you would if you had a low ID.

There is no excuse. If you have numbers in your name you're an idiot.

Regarding the whole "BL_ID" thing. Who cares? Why do you children obsess over it? My ID is in the 700's and I don't care.

What exactly are you trying to acheive, a more agressive / hating community?
Why the hell did I make this topic?
I can't remember.
Must have been just drama whoring at the time.
:|

I'm tempted to request my name be changed to IkeTheGeneric1445

i agree with this thread
thats why i have no numbers in my name
cuz i be all mature an stuff

You are missing the point.
Its not that numbers have a magical effect. Its that the people who chose to use numbers seem to be a little less "refined" shall we say. Of course this is a gross generalization, but its not "tribal" as some twit said before.

You are missing the point.
Its not that numbers have a magical effect. Its that the people who chose to use numbers seem to be a little less "refined" shall we say.
I don't doubt it at all... Yes, people with numbers in their name are generally less mature, I just pointed out how people already knew this. All this topic is doing is adding more discrimination towards people with numbers in their name.

Of course this is a gross generalization, but its not "tribal" as some twit said before.
The topic can easily be mistaken for discrimination, though.

I don't doubt it at all... Yes, people with numbers in their name are generally less mature, I just pointed out how people already knew this. All this topic is doing is adding more discrimination towards people with numbers in their name.
The topic can easily be mistaken for discrimination, though.

people do not seem to understand what this is about. This is a topic about people that have names like imcool47747386583,
there are plenty of mature people on the forums that have names with numbers.
tyler66,cybertails1998,lalam24 ect
faceplant.png