Author Topic: V18 Known Issues  (Read 17032 times)

Wow. It feels like v17 came out only yesterday :D.

I waited ~20 mins for it to work, and still didn't with only default add-ons in my folder. Though when I took Dedicated and DedicatedLAN out of my Blockland folder, it finished in about 10-15 seconds.
It didn't take long the second time because most of the stuff was already cached.
Actually, the reason for this is because when you close it the first time, it saves whatever progress it made, and when you run it the second time, it doesn't bother finishing because there's already a cache.db file. It thinks it's already done. You'll now have to download default files when you join servers.

It checks the CDN for the file manifest.  It should either download it from there or proceed to download it from the server. 
It's been saying this for half an hour now.

Suggestion for Badspot:

A new user isn't going to download a huge amount of add-ons. He's also going to be stuck when he initially starts up the game (about 1-3 minutes, not 20). I think the installer should come with the cache.db with all the default add-ons.

Badspot

• Administrator
Suggestion for Badspot:

A new user isn't going to download a huge amount of add-ons. He's also going to be stuck when he initially starts up the game (about 1-3 minutes, not 20). I think the installer should come with the cache.db with all the default add-ons.
It only takes a long time if you have 1gb+ of crap in your add-ons folder like most old users due.  On a fresh install it takes like 5 seconds to rebuild the cache. 

It only takes a long time if you have 1gb+ of crap in your add-ons folder like most old users due.  On a fresh install it takes like 5 seconds to rebuild the cache. 
true... no wonder it took me so long, good thing i started limiting myself on addons after my old computer crashed, even though i still had access to them all

it crashes when I paint a brick blue go to a server with an add-on/map I don't have

Yeah....., I'm not upgrading Blockland till this is fixed. :/

Why is it giving me some bloberror thing in console about snapshot thing well heres a picture to show what its saying.

Edit: Now hosting for me is acting bad:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:51:48 PM by suburb »

blockland won't respond
like when I try to start it, it just goes all black
EDIT: Now, it just says I'm in demo mode and it says Building Cache Data.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:53:33 PM by Unwritten Calender »

V18 is working for me, its just it has to load all those add-ons :C