Poll

How helpful and instructive do you find my tutorial?

Extremely!
145 (78%)
Fairly
29 (15.6%)
Not Very
6 (3.2%)
Not At All
6 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Ostinyo's Mapping Tutorial  (Read 87211 times)

So will you make me one? :cookieMonster:

How come you can't use TorqueC? It's quite simple to get the basics going in terms of creating a tunnel.
From there you could create tons of things for your map, all of your own design.

How come you can't use TorqueC? It's quite simple to get the basics going in terms of creating a tunnel.
From there you could create tons of things for your map, all of your own design.
I can download Torque but when I try saving something with it then it just crashes.

P.S. I have a Mac

I thinm my friend had problems with Torque too on a Mac. Try looking at their support forums.

Everytime I try to save a mission in my map folder, it doesn't appear in it. And my custom map is always named Bedroom. Please help!

Everytime I try to save a mission in my map folder, it doesn't appear in it. And my custom map is always named Bedroom. Please help!

go back to the beginning of the tutorial and make sure you do this step:
First thing you will want to do now you are in Mission Editor, is go into Window>World Editor Inspector>Mission Info>Dynamic Fields.  Change the name and save name from Flatlands to your map's name. Then click 'apply'.

Everytime I try to save a mission in my map folder, it doesn't appear in it.

You are probably forgetting to change the directory to your map's folder, and simply saving it in the edited map's folder.

Bump.

I experimented with lighting today, and may add a section discussing it and datablocks.
Does anyone know how to make lighting like the Bedroom or Kitchen has? (not using FX?)

I'm fairly certain that he uses the entities in Torque to create light, since it moves with the interior. Like in TC, the entities tab.

Thanks, I think I get it now... but I've never messed with entities. Is it one of these?

I tried "light" but it didn't give me any light on my map.

badspot wrote this: Removed broken/slow support for the editor.zip mod. If you need the mission editor or gui editor you can use the add-on based version.

That why I unable make a map or create new gui.
http://www.blockland.us/Change-Log.html#18to19

It could be, I'm just speculating, it might also be some feature that comes with TGE; like the forest editor (which I would KILL for.) Try the light emitter point.

I tried the light emitter, I believe. Didn't get anything...

/EpicJesus Bumpies

Nice tutorial.

Thanks.

Anyone know about the interior lighting?