What's more important?

Graphics
3 (3.3%)
Gameplay
54 (60%)
Both are important
33 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: Do real gamers care about graphics?  (Read 16685 times)

Sonic The Hedgehog > Sonic The Hedgehog 2006
Sonic CD>Sonic The Hedgehog > Sonic The Hedgehog 2006

Sonic CD>Sonic The Hedgehog > Sonic The Hedgehog 2006
Sonic Adventure > Sonic CD > Sonic The Hedgehog > Sonic The Hedgehog 2006

Sonic Adventure > Sonic CD > Sonic The Hedgehog > Sonic The Hedgehog 2006

And while we're at it;

Sonic & Knuckles > Sonic Adventure 2 > Sonic Adventure > Sonic The Hedgehog > Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 > Sonic Unleashed

A true gamer is one who can appreciate any game for certain reasons it deploys. Those people you talked to are not true gamers. If they only play one game, they hardly have any idea how to appreciate the evolution of gaming as someone my age can. Yeah, it is kind of an age elitist thing, however, given enough time, gaming advances will make experts of everybody in a year's time. It's advancing that fast. What took me a lifetime to grow up and appreciate, you fellows will enjoy in just a year.

One of my favorite games is about as old as I am, but I play it often enough. You may have heard of it. It's called Frogger. So simple. stuffty graphics, but it's addicting gameplay.

I love minecraft and Haven and Hearth

so, no

A true gamer is one who can appreciate any game for certain reasons it deploys. Those people you talked to are not true gamers. If they only play one game, they hardly have any idea how to appreciate the evolution of gaming as someone my age can. Yeah, it is kind of an age elitist thing, however, given enough time, gaming advances will make experts of everybody in a year's time. It's advancing that fast. What took me a lifetime to grow up and appreciate, you fellows will enjoy in just a year.

One of my favorite games is about as old as I am, but I play it often enough. You may have heard of it. It's called Frogger. So simple. stuffty graphics, but it's addicting gameplay.

technically Frogger had good graphics at the time of it's conception

Remember the first time "you" got either your first PS or N64?
I remember like it was just yesterday; I've been playing Banjo & Kazooie for a damn long time and I was so excited when I heard about Banjo Tooie, looking at the pictures of this game made me all jiggly. The enhanced graphics were so awesome and they even used bigger textures then in Kazooie. Tooie kicked so much ass. Sadly I've never beat Kazooie so I couldn't really enjoy Tooie to the extend... but this is going rather off-topic now.

This is true, but that's only because it was better than this   >8<   representing a frog like I had on my commodore 64. lol

Minecraft looks amazing. I would go for the current Minecraft rather then that new FortressCraft stuff.
Minecraft's graphics aren't good, but they're unique and fit the style really well.

Frogger's one of the few real old games that I enjoy because of it's gameplay and not it's "haw, it's real old" novelty value.

And while we're at it;

Sonic & Knuckles > Sonic Adventure 2 > Sonic Adventure > Sonic The Hedgehog > Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 > Sonic Unleashed

Sonic 3 > Sonic 2 > Sonic 1 > SA2B > SA

Yeah, good graphics are a nice thing to have but if the gameplay is solid and entertaining we can do without
See; Dwarf Fortress for an extreme example
The game title Dwarf Fortress reminds me of a game my dad used to play. It was pretty much all in a letter format :o Is this the game you're talking about?

But no, graphics aren't what makes a good game. It frustrates me when you show a kid nowdays an old game and they'll reject it because of the graphics. It disappoints me ;_;
Sonic 3 > Sonic 2 > Sonic 1 > SA2B > SA
SA2B was a game of my childhood. Took me forever to beat that stupid lizard whatever creature at the end :P

I would have said this to my friend but I never got a chance.

"If you played a game with the best graphics ever, but had horrible gameplay, would you play it?"

I find that with todays tech that visuals do market a lot of popularity. I border between the two but gameplay being the strongest.

Tons of the students at my school a handicapped because I asked every one of them "what makes a videogame?" and the majority of responses were related to Call of Duty

And Graphics. Don't get me wrong, Call of duty has "goodish" graphical attributes and a wonderful gameplay for the campaigns. The Multiplayer is where the lower forms

of human life reside though. Personally I believe actual "gamers" care about a good gameplay and storyline. With the way videogames are being bounced around today, a

lot of developers have focused more on graphics and multiplayer than trying to equally appease the small crowd that enjoys a good story and gameplay.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:38:21 PM by Tom Gunn »

^I don't think you understand how paragraphs work bro