What's more important?

Graphics
3 (3.3%)
Gameplay
54 (60%)
Both are important
33 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: Do real gamers care about graphics?  (Read 16684 times)

forget yeah useless posts

Tom

I'm so tired of people saying "Gameplay over Graphics". YOU NEED TO HAVE BOTH OF THEM FOR A FUN GAME. THEY ARE BOTH EQUALITY IMPORTANT. Gameplay is simply what makes it fun, but having good enough graphics to fit with the style of gameplay. The more real the graphics are, the more you forget about reality.

It's like seasoning food. You need to have both the seasoning and the food itself for it to taste good., but of course everyone has slightly different taste.

ALSO... 8-BIT AND 3D DOSE NOT LOOK GOOD... AT ALL. I don't blame indie developers for using it if they could not make better art, but saying it's "stylized" does not always excuse the fact that it looks like crap. I hope Notch can get Minecraft to look a little better with his new team.

I don't give a stuff of graphics, as long as it's good and i can play it.

minecraft is 8bit 3d perfection

He won't be doing any work for a while. He's in Japan spending thousands of dollars on slutty girls. He had to lose his virginity sometime, huh?

Anyone that says "graphics make a game" is a stupid friend that plays Black Ops all the time. If you want a real game, look at the less popular but known games that have good gameplay despite looking like "crap" in the eyes of some (I.E, Dwarf Fortress).

minecraft is 8bit 3d perfection

only problem minecraft is not 8bit it's 16bit bro

I don't believe good gamers care about graphics because look at all of the forum users that use Minecraft, and that's 8nit.

Tom

Dwarf Fortress is more like a computerized board game. It's like saying you are a real gamer because you play video poker.

well yeah
but its still perfection

That's just your opinion. There's no such thing as "Perfection" in a game.

Dwarf Fortress is more like a computerized board game. It's like saying you are a real gamer because you play video poker.
What the hell? Why don't you play it first before you start drawing conclusions about what it is like?

Tom

What the hell? Why don't you play it first before you start drawing conclusions about what it is like?
Have you every played Black OPs?

Dwarf Fortress looks like a board game because:
It is tile based.
I'm guess lots of things are based on random "dice roles".

Minecraft artwork is technically 32 bit.

Have you every played Black OPs?

Dwarf Fortress looks like a board game because:
It is tile based.
I'm guess lots of things are based on random "dice roles".
Minecraft artwork is technically 32 bit.
well excuse me son
YOU DONT loving GUESS
GET THE forget OUT

i love dwarf fortress, but i prefer a tileset :I