Author Topic: Blockyard - What the hell?  (Read 16932 times)

I've just built a cool house and hosting a server. I like the lighting in this game. And, the ability to make blocks have width and hight at the same time would be nice.

I wouldn't like to remember tons of commands (or type them all out), so why not add a menu to control what buttons each motor is?

The honest answer is that it was quicker to push out the initial release using a bunch of console commands to change things vs. creating a nice GUI to change things; however, we are now working through implementing GUI menus/dialogs to change most things.  Actually, the very next release will have a GUI to edit the properties of launchers, jets, and motors for example.

Blockyard is still early stage -- we chose to push it out early because we wanted to start engaging a community to help drive the development direction (not because we thought it was "done").

I've worked with the Unity engine before. I failed miserably and never went back. It's still a powerful engine imo.
One thing I know is that is has cross platform capabilities. Maybe a mac downloadable version?

I've worked with the Unity engine before. I failed miserably and never went back. It's still a powerful engine imo.
One thing I know is that is has cross platform capabilities. Maybe a mac downloadable version?
inb4inb4lolmaccigarette

I hosted a multiplayer and someone joined. A player appears as what looks like an "energy ball", and there is no chat. We made a fort with windows and some furnature, plus a cannon he made. Pretty fun, but it really lacks a chat feature.

What engine do you prefer now?

Mac downloadable version is likely.  Recorded suggestion here...

http://feedback.blockyard.com/forums/109385-general/suggestions/1823519-add-download-version-for-mac

I hosted a multiplayer and someone joined. A player appears as what looks like an "energy ball", and there is no chat. We made a fort with windows and some furnature, plus a cannon he made. Pretty fun, but it really lacks a chat feature.

Right, the "energy ball" is just a place holder to see something for other players.  Will replace the energy ball with something more interesting at some point.

To chat, press ENTER to open the chat window and type your message.

Blockyard

That game with a dev who actually cares about their game, and wants to improve it.

I see nothing wrong with this.

Blockyard

That game with a dev who actually cares about their game, and wants to improve it.

I see nothing wrong with this.
Yeah I like it.

Thanks for the insightful pic.  :)

You are correct that there is no objectives in the game yet.  The focus currently is to make an interesting build system (still needs work).  The next focus will be creating objectives so there is "something to do". 

In short, the game is not close to "done" -- we've just pushed it out early to start building a community interested in the game and let the community drive the direction of the game.

Thanks for the insightful pic.  :)
anytime. :)
You are correct that there is no objectives in the game yet.  The focus currently is to make an interesting build system (still needs work).  The next focus will be creating objectives so there is "something to do". 

In short, the game is not close to "done" -- we've just pushed it out early to start building a community interested in the game and let the community drive the direction of the game.
Can't wait to see how it turns out. Already better than MW2 imo lol.

To chat, press ENTER to open the chat window and type your message.
Ah, didn't know how to do that. This is a really cool game.

I'm starting to prefer the Torque engine. I started off on, guess what?
Cube engine :u.

textures look incredibly out of place

are you gonna keep them, change them, or add some sort of texture switcher?