Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 271109 times)

Huzah page 100.

Isn't the next major update going to do something about the horrid space planes and completely rework how they function? I could have sworn I heard that somewhere.

One of the main features of 0.18 is confirmed to be docking. I'd assume there'll be a few bug fixes that 0.17.1 overlooked and I read somewhere about the introduction of a new planet between Kerbin and Duna. There will also be improved sound effects and some ingame music.

Most of that was from looking around on the forums, but the list of planned, future and confirmed future features is here:

http://kspwiki.nexisonline.net/wiki/Planned_features

The features in blue are the ones in the next major update.

docking confirmed for .18? wonderful news. been waiting on that for a while.

Then comes G-force Docking Clamp Breakage. :nes:

"Asteroids
4 planets and 6 moons
3 gas planets, moons and an asteroid belt"

I haven't even made it to Jool ;__;

"Cities and other geographic points of reference"
Can't wait.

"Asteroids
4 planets and 6 moons
3 gas planets, moons and an asteroid belt"

I haven't even made it to Jool ;__;

"Cities and other geographic points of reference"
Can't wait.

Jool is the only place I haven't visited yet, mostly because it's impossible to land on a gas giant, and partly because its moons are supposed to be incredibly difficult to land on; I think one of them is the size of Kerbin without the atmosphere so it's like landing at home without aerobraking.

Can't wait for the other things though. Asteroid belt will certainly make flying past Duna interesting (assuming it will mimic the real-life solar system). I wonder if those 4 other planets will be the KSP equivs. of Saturn, Urstar fish, Neptune and Pluto. Shame only the latter is a solid planet :(

So I made a big rocket. I got to 10000 meters while doing the gravity turn and ran out of fuel. Splashdown.

Also, I have 3 mapping satelites orbiting Kerbin, scanning every inch of it.

Also, mechjeb managed to land my long rocket straight-up, with a stage left, half a tank left, nothing damaged, and it didn't topple. I am impressed.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:41:40 AM by Tudoreleuu »

Is there a Coolant thing in v13.3? my solid rockets keep overheating and its ruining my chances of getting into orbit
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:42:21 PM by blockguy123 »

you use solid rockets to get initial thrust, fuel rockets to go most of the distance, and then more solid rockets for that extra boost when you run out of fuel, right?

i never use solid rockets.

scratch that, i do use them at launch sometimes.

Hm.
I want a satellite.
Or a space box to fly my shuttle into.

Nearly landed on Jool.
The atmosphere is so thick, my plane warped at x4 breaks apart around 3000 meters.

Nearly landed on Jool.
The atmosphere is so thick, my plane warped at x4 breaks apart around 3000 meters.
How the hell do you land on jool?

How the hell do you land on jool?
Aerobrake a bit too much
EVA
???
Profit