Author Topic: Build Renovation Competition  (Read 29397 times)

Judges should really put an explanatin under the names in the scoreboard explaining why the person got that place, what could have been improved, what was really good and so on.

Could I please have a quick criticism of my build?

Nobody seemed to notice it...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 11:36:08 AM by Mr Man »

Could I please have a quick criticism of my build?

Nobody seemed to notice it...
Where is it?

End of page 5, under Lazezkik's

It's 3 posts because I had to put pics as attachments.

Click them to make them bigger

It's funny that Sleven said redilubs was bad and then lost to him

Judges should really put an explanatin under the names in the scoreboard explaining why the person got that place, what could have been improved, what was really good and so on.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=175794.msg4575073#msg4575073

Mr Man, great rainbow TV

Demian, when the judges went over your build, we decided that the exterior was a real downside to it. The hedges were too generic and simple, and didn't really add much to the design. It gave the build a very boring look because of how it ran as a border around the house. We also thought that the red bricks don't match with the rest of the house. Your interior was pretty good though. You managed to be very space efficient in managing to fit in a family room, bedroom and kitchen with one floor. Although, there were some minor issues with the interior, such as the really high bar/counter top thing. Also, the fireplace had a very odd design, which did not match with the rest of the interior.

Lordy, when you we looked at your build, the first thing we noticed was the very odd colour scheme. You said that you tried for a Chinese style colour scheme, but to be honest, it does not look very Chinese. The Chinese focus more on red and black rather than that much white. Your colours also seemed to contrast each other badly. When we saw your plants, they seemed very mismatched with each other and some in contrasting colours. An example would be in the backyard, where it suddenly has pine trees. Your interior furniture on the other hand was very well designed. Another great part of your build was brick efficiency. At first look to your house, we thought the brick count was going to be around 4000 or more.

Also, a note to the people who were thinking about just constructing a new house, no that is not allowed. Renovating means to revamp something. Lordy's did not break any rules, because we could still see the original reno house within the base of the build.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:59:36 PM by MrCookie »

So when can we expect the next competition to begin?

O stuff.

I'm sorry if I tried to act like some smartypants douche. Really am.
When I see a build I usually tries to find the negative things in them, to... I don't know. Sort of help out.

For example, I pointed out that Red should have more furnitures and Lordy should remove the flowers.

Again, I'm sorry. I'll just stick to my build next time.
Noticed that I'm pretty harsh when I comment stuff.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to next competition.

O stuff.

I'm sorry if I tried to act like some smartypants douche. Really am.
When I see a build I usually tries to find the negative things in them, to... I don't know. Sort of help out.

For example, I pointed out that Red should have more furnitures and Lordy should remove the flowers.

Again, I'm sorry. I'll just stick to my build next time.
Noticed that I'm pretty harsh when I comment stuff.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to next competition.

It's okay Slev, I knew that you weren't really trying to act like that. I'm looking forward to the next one as well. Perhaps in the future there might be an interior only renovation, maybe like the interior of a condo or something. And Cook shows us which walls are structural etc, and we have to make sure that the renovation wouldn't compromise the building's structure.

And Cook shows us which walls are structural etc, and we have to make sure that the renovation wouldn't compromise the building's structure.

that would be in the restrictions part of the post
(also, things like "requires open concept dining room/kitchen" might go there)

the next reno house won't have any restrictions either, but the third probably will have some

slev, i would actually encourage you to keep criticizing because it helps others, but to lighten up on the harshness and add positive points

next reno house will be posted some time today or tomorrow

next reno house will be posted some time today or tomorrow
Yay

EDIT: Inb4 house 2
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:29:18 PM by Doomonkey »

reno house 2 is up

deadline is Dec. 10

no restrictions

Reno House 2
 548 bricks
 by: MrCookie ID 9889
 Slate