Author Topic: Build Renovation Competition  (Read 29303 times)

And I never heard anyones opinion on mine

Lordy Lord, can you post a download to your build? I'm not going to steal it, I just wanted to see it in-game and learn from the way the architecture is.

Fixed
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:39:40 PM by FFSO »

Lol, ok then. I guess it wasn't a good idea to ask.

Lol, ok then. I guess it wasn't a good idea to ask.
You don't understand lol, if you were to steal it, you would have to sneak on his server or nab the file from his blockland directory, I think the word you were looking for was claim

Yours?

yes, mine

Somebody posted theirs right after mine and nobody paid any attention to mine

You should disallow custom bricks besides JVS doors, would make the interior more interesting

Well, after getting together with rguy and BT, here are the results:

• 1st - Redliub
  • 2nd - Sleven
  • 3rd - Lordy Lord
Congrats Redliub.

May I have a short criticism of my build?

Congratz to everyone. That were some really good renovations. Personally, I would have chosen Slevens house, but thats a matter of taste. All of the top 3 houses were awesome. I'll never be able to build interiors like that :/

Congrats Redliub.

May I have a short criticism of my build?
I'm not a judge, but whatever: I think your house was cool. The interior was really good; I especially liked the bathroom and the little details in the garage. The furniture looked good and real.

The open floor plan was neat, but weirdly executed in some places. Look at the  transition between kitchen and living room in the following picture:

The exterior of your house was plain and simple. Imo, it was a little too square and bland to compete with the top 3. Make it a bit more "flashy".

Overall pretty good job!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:26:45 AM by King Leo »

Sleven is obviously one of those people you cant compliment because it all goes to their head.
Hes criticized everyones builds.

Well, after getting together with rguy and BT, here are the results:

• 1st - Redliub
  • 2nd - Sleven
  • 3rd - Lordy Lord

-stuff-

Next reno build will be posted within a week from now.
Why not make a poll and let the people vote next time?

Why not make a poll and let the people vote next time?
You cannot rely on this community for anything, especially fair judgement.

You cannot rely on this community for anything, especially fair judgement.

As long as you don't add in stupid options it usually seems to work fairly well. I just hate when things like this use polls because the poll always needs to get reset and you have to wait for results.

Sleven is obviously one of those people you cant compliment because it all goes to their head.
Hes criticized everyones builds.

This. I personally thought that the competitors would refrain from being critical of their competition. Because to me it seems to be simply unsportsmanly and unwanted.

I'm not complaining about getting 3rd, but i would like a deeper explanation. No one spoke to me about the colors being odd, I actually asked if the red was going overboard on Drake's server, and people said it was fine. Now I would like a judge to tell me what part of the color scheme was off, if they have the chance. Personally I think it was the floor colors in the interior.