Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604692 times)

with crazy moves that are easier to get a hang of
well what about medusa's turn-to-stone thing? it's challenging to new players but you can use it to get the upper hand by looking away then backstabbing

Application

Name: It's Boshy Time!
BL_ID: 34072
Previous Administration experience: God of Terraria's Hero's, Luigi of Luigis' and about 7 more ( I forgot them :/ )
Who recommends you?: God of Terraria's Hero, Luigi of Luigis
Why should i accept you?: I'm an experienced player on Blockland and can do many things. I'm not soo good known as a good guy, but im fixing it already.
Timezone/Region: GMT+/--1:00, Poland

Application

Name: It's Boshy Time!
BL_ID: 34072
Previous Administration experience: God of Terraria's Hero's, Luigi of Luigis' and about 7 more ( I forgot them :/ )
Who recommends you?: God of Terraria's Hero, Luigi of Luigis
Why should i accept you?: I'm an experienced player on Blockland and can do many things. I'm not soo good known as a good guy, but im fixing it already.
Timezone/Region: GMT+/--1:00, Poland
Most of us agreed you should still be banned a week or two ago. Even if that app wasn't terrible you'd have virtually no chance of being accepted.

well what about medusa's turn-to-stone thing? it's challenging to new players but you can use it to get the upper hand by looking away then backstabbing
yeah but that's like

every boss has one unique move and everything else is pretty much bland

rotondo has that aoe slam but other then that, he just runs around punching things

dark samus is the only 'unique' boss that's got cool moves and a bunch of different ways to play as whereas everyone else is pretty much the same thing: hit the other guys with strong weapons while running away

yeah but that's like

every boss has one unique move and everything else is pretty much bland

rotondo has that aoe slam but other then that, he just runs around punching things

dark samus is the only 'unique' boss that's got cool moves and a bunch of different ways to play as whereas everyone else is pretty much the same thing: hit the other guys with strong weapons while running away
Not sure what you're referring to. Sure there are several simple bosses which we label "Easy," so new players can learn with them. Rotondo, Penth, William, those ones are pretty standard. Past that, though, Badspot and Ephi have their shockwave which can be used in a variety of ways - quickly traversing the arena, bouncing players around and into each other, skilled players have even figured out the projectile deflection aspect. Kaje, Dark Samus, and Sky Captain all have wide ranges of powerful weapons with their own unique drawbacks, respectively armor breaking, energy consumption, and ammo limits. Medusa has a simple primary weapon that pulls double duty as melee and sniper, but the interesting aspect is her mobility, between leaping great distances and climbing on walls.

Most of us agreed you should still be banned a week or two ago. Even if that app wasn't terrible you'd have virtually no chance of being accepted.
And the fact that he has God of Terraria Hero's server on there, which isn't a server that you see on a lot.

Also, description for the horse should be changed to:

Sacriface your round to stall the boss for a few seconds!

Quote from: Snaked_Snake
Also, description for the horse should be changed to:

Sacriface your round to stall the boss for a few seconds!
I concur.

Not sure what you're referring to. Sure there are several simple bosses which we label "Easy," so new players can learn with them. Rotondo, Penth, William, those ones are pretty standard. Past that, though, Badspot and Ephi have their shockwave which can be used in a variety of ways - quickly traversing the arena, bouncing players around and into each other, skilled players have even figured out the projectile deflection aspect. Kaje, Dark Samus, and Sky Captain all have wide ranges of powerful weapons with their own unique drawbacks, respectively armor breaking, energy consumption, and ammo limits. Medusa has a simple primary weapon that pulls double duty as melee and sniper, but the interesting aspect is her mobility, between leaping great distances and climbing on walls.
yes but what is unique about them, kaje (which is the robot, right?) has different guns that just have different ranges and damage, they don't do anything spectacular. of course there has to be 'easy' bosses to use but they're so bland they're not even fun to use. like rotondo is suppost to be a huge burly guy that just beats the crap out of everyone, so he should have plenty of cool things to do, like picking up players and throwing them at other players for damage, smashing players in the face to tumble them, etc. instead all he does is punch and shake his hands

the shockwaves are just the shockwave: they push players away and let you jump around. badspot is literally a no-jet player with an instant kill sword and shockwave, medusa is a boss that jumps around a lot and throws knives and turns the players to stone, but other then the stone thing there isn't really anything interesting about it

god of war bosses go and have crazy things like summoning lightning strikes, grabbing you and throwing you into hazards, if i remember right, one of them is a kraken and just beats the crap out of you with tentacles, bites and some other crap

like rotondo is suppost to be a huge burly guy that just beats the crap out of everyone, so he should have plenty of cool things to do, like picking up players and throwing them at other players for damage, smashing players in the face to tumble them, etc. instead all he does is punch and shake his hands
Kinda at the mercy of the original tank model with this one. Has like no animations to make into more attacks.

god of war bosses go and have crazy things like summoning lightning strikes, grabbing you and throwing you into hazards, if i remember right, one of them is a kraken and just beats the crap out of you with tentacles, bites and some other crap
We don't exactly have a giga-cthulhu model lying around, either. More importantly, bosses have to be something players can control properly, can fit in our maps, and are responsive enough to be enjoyable.

Regarding specific suggestions: Grab and throw might be usable somewhere. Dunno how we'd telegraph lightening. Tumbling players is out because vehicle physics suck.

It should be that when a horse is the last normal alive, the boss auto-wins.

Mini update: Sky Captain's homing rocket now fires one larger rocket instead of three small ones. Rockets no longer attempt to home in on turrets. The rockets will only home in on you if they can 'see' you.

Its scary as hell, also I think we need a thread title update thing again like this

It should be that when a horse is the last normal alive, the boss auto-wins.
No, because they still have a chance to survive for a few minutes.