Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1624546 times)

the new flamethrower model is hot
bu dum tss

Jetz has a competitor

Thank Aware for the new models

The funny thing about this server is:
-People rage about things in the game
-People rage about people being mad about certain things in the game
-Even more rage about the updates

What's amusing about the fanbase is that people just rage all the time about nerfs and changes, and the game in general.
Personally, my opinion is that the explosives' knockbacks should scale with playercount, and the deletion of purchasing minibosses almost welcomes new players to the server, as the ones who have been playing for a while have loads of points and can go for minibosses every single round.
Aesthetics: All I have to say about aesthetics is, "Well done."
The game now looks a lot better than when it first started, but those times back then were almost the best, and a lot more enjoyable today. There seemed to be a lot less rage back then. RIP Bedroom

Lastly, could there be a way for an automatic map change if the playercount becomes too high/low, just something like a cap of 15 people on hangar, and once it reaches 16 for 5-10 rounds, the map switches to castle or something?
Hangar is really not that fun when you're boss and there are close to 30 normals.

well that happens in pretty much every game

Alright. Firstly, every single person on this planet has at least one thing in their mind to complain about whether related to the server or not. It is apart of our human nature.
Secondly, what do you mean by "explosion scale"? I am having an extremely hard time comprehending whether you mean general explosions or just certain classes. A major problem in my opinion has always been rockemen regardless of their "nerfbuff" thing.
Thirdly, if we are to have an automatic map changer instead of voting, I feel it would be best if it goes on a queue (like alphabetized) and that we should still have it set under 1 day. That way, Map A always goes before Map Z.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 03:01:09 PM by Blockz »

hey pecon is it possible to like
edit the medigun
so I don't have to hold m1 constantly to heal people and I can just click once on somebody
I don't know how possible that is in blockland tho
Mousefire(1);
It's possible but it would probably get glitchy

What's amusing about the fanbase is that people just rage all the time about nerfs and changes, and the game in general.
Personally, my opinion is that the explosives' knockbacks should scale with playercount, and the deletion of purchasing minibosses almost welcomes new players to the server, as the ones who have been playing for a while have loads of points and can go for minibosses every single round.
Aesthetics: All I have to say about aesthetics is, "Well done."
The game now looks a lot better than when it first started, but those times back then were almost the best, and a lot more enjoyable today. There seemed to be a lot less rage back then. RIP Bedroom

Good point Newton.  I think people should be constructively critical about viewing things in the game, rather than rage about them. A lot of people don't seem to realise that even if they have a good point, if they are 'emotionally distraught' about the subject, that they will not be taken seriously.  In the corporate world, this is especially prevalent nowadays and often means the difference between a salary and a sack.  That's how negative it is.
The same goes for updates, which make the game more fun for more people in the long run.  I just adapt to the changes to be honest, unless the update really is horrible, then a complaint should certainly be made.  By experience, such instances rarely happen on this server due to the quality of the admins and the host.

I must agree on the rest as well.  Back in the old days, Blockland was not too widely known and the people who joined were actually looking for a game like Blockland to express their imagination, so most of them were likely bound to be reasonable people.  That's how I found blockland, and I have to say that I enjoyed visiting a veriety of quirky servers hosted by people like Port, Ladezkik, Gentoo, Hectic, and others like these back in V19, V20, and very early in V21.  (I still can't find any photos of Ladezkik's CUBE HQ... I learned a lot about how to internally suspend rooms from that build)

Opening up to the steam market was a good move for profit reasons, but not at all for the community.  Steam encompasses a whole range of either idiotic, mentally challenged, childish, hormonal etc. individuals that make up approximately 40% of the community, I have found across multiple games. A lot of things have been going downhill even before the Greenlight, as many well-known players have stopped playing and/or adding content.

I can't wait for badspot to finally not be dependent on using fall damage to kill, maybe with that out of the way there may one day be a Boss Battles with the annoying fall damage turned off.

Then rocket jumping or sticky jumping won't be a risk of either falling and getting hurt or falling and getting killed because of fall damage, I mean it will still be a risk, because if you don't do it right you can end up hurting yourself more than what you gain, but it will be more fair.

maybe with that out of the way there may one day be a Boss Battles with the annoying fall damage turned off.

Yes because anyone playing as a slow boss will definitely like rocketmen and demomans flying everywhere!

and then the pattern repeats itself where bosses are taken out, and nerfs are carried through.

Yes because anyone playing as a slow boss will definitely like rocketmen and demomans flying everywhere!

and then the pattern repeats itself where bosses are taken out, and nerfs are carried through.

You realize they can't rocket jump forever right? You take damage from blast jumping, so you would eventually run low on HP, and rocket jumping after that would probably kill you.

Rocketmen and Detonators are already really slow to begin with so I don't see it having too much of a negative impact, heck sticky jumping doesn't get you that far either.

you dont take damage from rocketjumping/sticky jumps if you are good at it iirc

You take damage from blast jumping, so you would eventually run low on HP
you only do if you do it wrong, and then there are medics
Rocketmen and Detonators are already really slow to begin with so I don't see it having too much of a negative impact, heck sticky jumping doesn't get you that far either.
rocketmen are like the most OP and annoying class to begin with so I don't see it having too much of a positive impact, heck I want to go to people who play the class' house and murder them

Applications are in.

General R, JoeW, and Swollow are the new admins.

Plus its boring without Jetz responding to the apps.

yay swollow

edit: there was 2 penths (gemeni) and i instantly stabbed one and it died

1 like = 1 spear
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 06:54:20 PM by Lego lad »